Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old World Demons [Closed]

4 posters

Go down

Old World Demons [Closed] Empty Old World Demons [Closed]

Post  Damxge Thu May 12, 2016 2:03 am

Dear Gen. Mackery,

In recent year's, the Department of Foreign Espionage has received troubling intelligence regarding Hitler and his obsession with the "paranormal". We've heard about several incidents of his attempts to open a portal to hell as well as his campaigns through various third world countries seeking "tribal magic" as it is referred to in the documents. While the whole concept is blasphemous and insane, we believe that technological advances are being made in the pursuit of his vain endeavors and we need to put a stop to it.
Last we heard, he's set up a camp in the jungles somewhere along the Amazon River. We don't know where as our intelligence officer was not allowed access to the files regarding it. From what they gathered, It seems they're working on some kind of radar weapon down there. The Department is hereby tasking you to put an end to this operation by any means necessary.

Sincerely,
Chairman Auburn

Chairman Auburn,

I don't know what kind of a fool you take me for, Chairman! You didn't give me all the information and you know it. You know that Hitler isn't down there developing a weapon, he's off on one of his supernatural crusades again. You cost the lives of ten of my best men and all I got out of it was a f***ed up radio broadcast rambling on about demons in the water before I listened to my men get slaughtered by wild animals. I believe Hitler is onto something here, something down there killed my men, the best the SEALs had to offer, and you sit on your throne acting as if all is right in the world.

I WILL NOT SEND ANY MORE OF MY MEN DOWN THERE. You have my word on that.

f*** you,
General James Mackery

Dear Gen. Mackery,

You misunderstand. You work for the Department of Defense and our orders will be carried out, whether you approve or not. This talk of demons is blasphemous, your men simply succumbed to what we know as the Jungle Fever. Don't try to bullshit us with claims of demons and the supernatural when your men were quite simply not up to the task.
Now either send another detachment, of competent soldiers this time, or you'll be asked to resign your position as General of the United States Military and we'll find someone who can actually get the job done.
And know this, any more talk of demons will result in your immediate termination and you will be held to prosecution for treasonous behavior.

Sincerely,
Chairman Auburn

BRANCH-WIDE MEMO:
"General James Mackery is asking for volunteers to take part in a high risk mission in the jungles of South America, specifically along the Amazon River. Due to the secure nature of the mission, all volunteers must be screened and interviewed before learning the specifics.

Any who wish to volunteer may do so between the hours of oh-nine-hundred and fifteen-hundred in the office of General James Mackery."

Disclaimer--
This mission is by no means a safe one. The survival of any involved is not guaranteed and this must be understood before progressing.
Assuming you are still interested in volunteering, please include in your application your name, age, DoB, a general physical description or photo, a brief overview from your last psych eval, as well as your rank and specialization. The form can be freehand as they will not be officially filed, this mission is under the strictest confidence.
Once you've got your form filled out, the General will call everyone in for the briefing.

Briefing--
In all honesty, we're not sure what we're dealing with here. I was tasked with neutralizing a Nazi facility in South America for fear that they were developing some sort of weapons. It became apparent later that weapons were not their intention and they were, in fact, there looking for something of supernatural origins. While our government doesn't believe in such ghost stories, I've been presented with evidence that something unnatural is going on down there in the jungle. Your primary objective is to stay alive, regardless of the mission. If we are dealing with some demonic powers, I want to know about it from you, in person.
The official mission here is to get in and neutralize the facility. Blow it up, cut it off, I leave the nitty-gritty in your competent hands.
Also, because of the lack of volunteers, we've also opened this unit to women, should they wish to risk their lives for our great country.
Your flight leaves in twenty-four hours, don't be late.

DISMISSED.

Mission Roster--
Gale Rivers
(Conman)
Spoiler:

Malikov 'Malik' Vladimirovich
(Tomyh)
Spoiler:

Conrad Falkstein
(inSYNC)
Spoiler:

Mikey Oswald
(Damxge)
Spoiler:

A quick note!
This RP takes place pre-ww2 in the year of 1938 during a time where world powers were desperately trying to contain Hitler and the Nazi party. Most missions were black-ops as a state of war had not been declared.
Keep this in mind when choosing weapons, character specializations, talking about technology, and generally when writing.
And for those who don't know, WW2 spanned from September 1, 1939 to September 2, 1945.

Last edited by Damxge on Sat May 14, 2016 2:27 am; edited 4 times in total
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Old World Demons [Closed] Empty Re: Old World Demons [Closed]

Post  Damxge Thu May 12, 2016 2:07 am

Also, you don't HAVE to play as an American soldier, you can be of another nationality if you'd please. Just come up with a convincing story as to why you'd be in a position to take on an American mission.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Thu May 12, 2016 7:26 am

This sounds fun! I'll have to wait Tilly free work but I'm definitely signing up
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu May 12, 2016 8:08 am

Glad you approve, I look forward to seeing your character!
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Thu May 12, 2016 9:29 am

Name: Gale Rivers
DoB: 07/03/83
Ethnicity: White Caucasian
Height: 5"10
Weight: 173lbs
Hair: None
Eyes: Brown

I don't know if you want stuff like this on your applications, but I just wanna say that I think i know what you're referring to. I've been to the Amazon, not on duty, just on vacation with some friends of mine. But we still went pretty deep in there and, well, I can't say what i saw for certain, but something is definitely out there, Sir. Something bad.
But I gotta know what it is.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu May 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Would he be a grunt then or does Gale have a specialization?
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Thu May 12, 2016 11:36 pm

Name: Malikov 'Malik' Vladimirovich

DoB: 3rd of march, 1911

Ethnicity: Russian

Height and Weight:

Hair: Dark Brown

Eyes: Brown

Combat Specialization: Sniper

Codename:

Equipment: 7.62mm Mosin sniper rifle with a PE optical sight, TT pistol, NR-40 combat knife.

Personality: Malik is calm, cool and collected, taking everything patiently one thing at a time. He always speaks in a calm and polite way, never getting angry or emotional.

Bio: Malik is a member of the People's Commissariat for Internal Affair (NKVD) sent to America to find out about their plans or opinions on Nazi Germany. Malik volunteered for the mission under false pretenses, for any chance to halt the Nazi regime and protect Soviet lands he will take.

Last edited by LordTomyh on Fri May 13, 2016 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Fri May 13, 2016 12:30 am

Gale is just a general soldier, think I'll make him British. I guess his main role in this will be to drive the story a bit at the start
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri May 13, 2016 11:48 am

Name: Conrad Falkstein
DoB: 30/04/1911
Ethnicity: German
Height: 5"11
Weight: 164lbs
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue

Working on a backstory, with Dyl's help.

Last edited by inSYNCinSANITY on Fri May 13, 2016 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri May 13, 2016 12:56 pm

I've gone ahead and added you guys to the roster as well as posted my character. I'm probably going to ask if Chav wants to join and then kick this sh*t off.

@Casey, don't worry about the backstory for the signups, as long as you've got a general one in your head you'll be good. We're doing this on a "get to know each other" basis, as if our characters actually meet, meaning you're going to have to write your characters personalities and descriptions and whatnot in the RP itself, rather than having them prewritten in the signup.

When we start, we're going to start each character in a separate interview, meaning you'll be talking to General Mackery about the mission. Express your reasons for joining the mission, give your excuses for being foreign (Yours in particular should be interesting, Casey. Good luck!), etc etc. This will basically be your character's personality sheet, others will better understand how to write your character after the interview post, so be sure you put a lot of effort into it and make sure you get across how your character behaves and interacts.

The reason I'm not including personality or backstory stuff in the sign ups is to encourage people to write their characters and let others see their true personality rather than some BS in a form that could easily be strayed from. I for one am guilty of writing a character's personality and then RPing as almost a different person when I realize a different personality suits them and their situation better. So everyone needs to be on their toes and really pay attention to everyone else! Should be a good way to get to know each others' characters better.

Also, Dylan, soldiers rarely have their own personal firearms/gear, so I didn't include that either. The extent of personal gear is usually a hat and a sidearm. You'll have the opportunity to gear up at the expense of the barrack's armory later, right before the mission begins.

And to make it clear, the characters are going into this on a mission to destroy a Nazi compound and the supernatural aspect of the game will be secondary. This, if done well, should result in a more realistic, grittier, driven story (I hope anyway. I'm trying a lot of new stuff in this RP.)

Any questions?

EDIT: Oops, forgot to include my character hahah

Mikey Oswald
(Damxge)
Spoiler:
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content