Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Story of Alkemir and The Being [Closed]

4 posters

Go down

The Story of Alkemir and The Being [Closed] Empty The Story of Alkemir and The Being [Closed]

Post  Damxge Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:14 am

RP Info

This is an extremely in depth and extremely competitive role play. Players will be taught Runes by me through private message, it is encouraged that you do not share your knowledge of the Runes you possess.
If you do not feel you can keep active in this Role Play, you should not register for it.
If you fall into inactivity in the role play, your character will be killed.
Characters are allowed to kill other characters, but using only Runes. You will not be informed of who killed your character, but a death sequence will be written for your character by me, the Admin of the RP.

Whenever you use a new Rune Circle, you will have to PM me for an explanation of what the combination of Runes will do. After you know what the Rune Circle does, you may use it whenever you like in the role play (I will apply restrictions to some of the more powerful rune circles, if anyone develops a very powerful one.)
If you want to use a Rune Circle on another character, you must PM me, and I will write out the result in 3rd person in the RP. I will decide if the character dies or not (depending on what the Rune does, of course). I will also PM the character's owner when someone uses a Rune Circle on them with the effect on their character.

If your character dies, you may start a new character (if you want). You will lose ALL of you acquired Runes from your other character, and be given two new Runes to start again with.
Please don't get angry if your character dies late in the RP.
(You are only allowed a single character per character life)

To get more Runes, you must receive a private message from me with the rune you discover. The rune discoveries will not be written in the RP itself to keep secret what Runes you know.

Please do not try to use Runes your character does not have. I will be keeping an in depth list of the runes and what character has what rune/rune circles.

If you are still feeling like joining this RP, read on.
(I put all of this about Runes before I explained the RP to try to weed out those who would not be suitable for the RP, if you plan on continuing, welcome aboard.)

Story
In the beginning of time, there was nothing but a speck. This speck, a pure white ball in the middle of nothingness, developed a sense of being. The feeling of physicality washing over it in a moment of pure random occurrence. This newly formed being began to think. For millions and billions of years this being thought, simply suspended in something short of space and time.
At last, this being moved. It wasn't a large move, barely a twitch, but it became aware that it could navigate its empty environment. It darted to and fro, overjoyed by its freedom, this feeling it named Emotion. The being began to wonder what it would be like to fill the emptiness, create, what? Something to make it happy, something to fill time. And so the being created. Using energies from a place even this being did not know, it created a book. Upon the pages of this tome, it authored the language of Rune. This language named everything the being created, giving it complete control over what came from its vast, nay, infinitive mind. And soon, the being had created a ball, on which it had stored every physical manifestation of its Runes. But as the millenniums passed, the being began to feel a new emotion, loneliness. The joy of creation long passes.
The being sought companionship, and so began to create again, creating things it called Animals. Living beings similar to itself, but with lesser thought processes and weaker, frail bodies. The being created and created, but none of its creations could match the intellect and perfection of itself. It began to lose hope in finding joy in the emptiness.
But, just as the being was about to close its book once more, it saw something it had not witnessed before. Two animals, surrounded by others, larger ones, hungry ones. As the being watched, the larger of the two cornered animals moved in front of the other, shielding it from the beasts around them. In a moment of an emotion the being named sadness, it spared the two animals, which it named specifically, geese. The pair of creatures, barely capable of survival thought, taught the almighty being something it had never felt, love.
With renewed vigor, the being began to create again, wiping clean its slate over and over to try to improve. At long last, it created something different, something smarter, something closer to itself. It named them Humans and through thousands of years of experimentation, gave them thought and imagination, to see what it saw. Without skipping a beat, the being progressed, creating a being similar to itself, with thought and the mind to imagine anything. This other being, Alkemir as it called itself, did not share the being's thoughts of peace and happiness, to develop the humans into greater creatures. Alkemir deceived and tricked the humans, hurting and killing them, their own stupidity and nativity his weapon of choice.
Enraged by the actions of Alkemir, the being created a new world, outside of the boundaries of its own, and banised Alkemir there. But before the being could banish it, Alkemir created Time. Before the beings eyes, his creations began to age and degrade, the great civilizations of the humans' creation disintegrating and falling apart. It was in that moment that the being felt the touch of time, the grasp of mortality. In panic, the being created another world and fled there, leaving his work to fend on its own as it started over.
Now the being and Alkemir watch over this plane of existence, both reaching out from their respective worlds to alter the minds of the humans, a link between the human race extending to both beings, one desires the downfall of the humans, the other their survival.

The being, however, left his work, the Tome of Ages, on the face of his creation; spread across its surface, each rune torn from the one next to it, destroying the sequence that created the earth. The humans, however, did not know what to do with these shapes and many began to collect them, unknowing the power they held on the paper in their hands. Many of the runes, however, were not to this date found.

Slowly, certain humans began to unwind the mystery of the Runes, but the humans did not live long enough to fully understand them. The being decided to help them. It reached out in the form of a human, the link between he and the being was infinitive stronger than that of normal humans. This human wrote a single book, explaining the use of the runes in the simplest way they could be written.

But thanks to Alkemir's touch in the world, people began to misuse the runes, destroying and hurting. The being, in a fit of rage, gave five runes to a man, pure of heart and soul. He told this man to create a Rune Circle he named Flood. This man created a great ship and loaded every animal onto its decks, and then completed the Flood Rune Circle atop a great mountain.
The storm that followed decimated all human life on the face of the earth, besides the man and his wife. The being, pleased by the result, began again to create life through runes, using the man as his eyes and hands. This man became known as the Creator.

Alkemir, enraged by what the being had done, tried desperately to corrupt the Creator, but was unable, as the man's heart and mind were pure. The runes were again spread across the land, but before the Creator died, he drew a line of runes upon a beach, the same beach upon which he landed after the flood had died down. The line of runes, the Binding Chain, obliterated Alkemir's knowledge of the Runes, and so rid the world of his influence in the matter of the Runes.
It has been thousands of years since that day, and man is just beginning to rediscover the Runes.

Rune Use and Explanation
There are four classes of Rune available to humans.
Body – Referring to the being.
Element – Referring to the elements and physical existence outside of the body.
Modifier – Used in a rune circle to combine and alter the Element class.
Binding – Used in a rune circle to bind the Body, Element and Modifier classes.

Humans can use Runes in circles of up to five runes, and as few as two.
Up to three Body Class Runes may be used.
Up to three Element Class Runes may be used.
A single Modifier Class Rune may be used.
A single Binding Class Rune may be used.

The inscriber of the Rune Circle MUST use a Modifier Rune if they are using more than one Element Rune. A Binding Rune must be used in all Rune Circles.

This outline is the method for creating a five Rune circle. As a rule of thumb:
A rune circle HAS to have a target, this can be Body or Element. (There is only ONE target.)
A rune circle HAS to have a Binding Rune.
A Rune Circle with two or three Element Runes HAS to have a Modifier Rune.

Examples of Simple Rune Circle:
Blood (body)
Earth (element)
Fire/Heat (element)
Pressure (modifier)
Change (binding)

The first rune is Blood, which means the circle will be targeting someone or something's blood.
The second and third runes are Earth and Fire/Heat, which when compressed, would create stone.
The fourth rune is Pressure, which tells that Earth and Fire/Heat will be combined with pressure (creating stone).
The fifth Rune Change, tells the rest of the circle to Change the blood of the target to Stone.

Another example:
Strength (body)
Lessen/Reduce (binding)

The first Rune, Strength, tells the circle the strength of the target will be effected.
Lessen/Reduce in the second rune, tells the circle to reduce the strength of the target.

If you need more examples or more in depth explanation, please PM me.

To target a person, simply write their name in the center of the Rune Circle while concentrating on their appearance in your mind. After you finish writing their name, you can stop concentrating.
To target an object, either place the object at the center of your Rune Circle, or concentrate on the object while writing what you feel is its makeup in element runes in the center of the circle.
For a sword, the makeup would be:
Iron
Fire
Water
Earth
Life
(Iron and fire would create steel, water, earth, and life would create wood for the hilt)
If you're going to complain about how I work my item Element Runes, then take them somewhere else, this is how it works.

Terrain and Wildlife
Most of the terrain in this RP will be frozen, cold, wintery.
There are beasts of legend in this game:
Trolls
Ogres
Sprites
Faeries
Nymphs
Were-creatures
Vampires
Elemental Beings
Pegasus
Unicorns
Giants
Giant Creatures (like spiders, rats, crabs, just larger)
Ghosts and Poltergeists
(If you think any other creatures would fit in, PM me.)

Where you come in

The world  is becoming more and more corrupt again as Alkemir's influence grows and he learns about the Runes again. The Being, once again enraged by Alkemir's interference, reaches out to several humans, as it had done in the past, explaining to them in a dream how to work a Rune Circle and giving them two single runes. It tells them that evil is afoot upon surface of this plane of existence, and that they can use the knowledge to either help, or hurt the world, but it is their choice as humans.

Only weeks after the dream, a man calling himself Alkemir's Priest appears in the city of Salmary, the capitol of the State. He demands that anyone in possession of Runes inscribed on paper in red ink, turn the runes over to him at once, or suffer the consequences. The man bares a powerful understanding of the Runes, and knows many of them.
The people simply mock him and continue as they would, but the man, guided by Alkemir breaks people under his will and rises to political power, again  demanding the relinquishing of the runes.

Character Sheet:
Spoiler:

Ground Rules

Never use a rune to effect another player negatively without PMing me.
Never kill another player.
You can introduce your character to another character, but you can never make the other character introduce themself.
Don't god-mod. I will delete posts that godmod.

Contact Me
If you have any questions about any of this, PM me, don't comment it. If you'd like to suggest things, again, PM me, do not comment. The only reason you should comment is if you're registering a character or talking about the RP once its started. I am very interested in improving and perfecting the Rune system if you have any suggestions.
Once the RP is started, you will not be allowed to comment using the brackets '[]' in the RP. You will comment here in this thread.
If you don't want to join in the RP, but would like a list of the Runes in existence, please PM me Happy

And remember, I did not prefabricate any of the Rune Circles. When you PM me with a rune circle of your own, I will have to come up with an effect for it. You are allowed to tell me what you would like the Rune to do.

Note: DO NOT DISCOVER RUNES ON YOUR OWN! I make the runes, I make the rules Tongue

Some Powerful Runes
So what are some of the rare and powerful Runes?
I just wanted to get this out there as a teaser.

Time (Element)
Death (Binding)
Body (Body)
Soul (Body)
Mind (Body)
Movement (Modifier)
Emotions [Love, Hate, Fear, Jealousy, etc...] (Body)

Last edited by Div on Fri May 06, 2016 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

The Story of Alkemir and The Being [Closed] Empty Re: The Story of Alkemir and The Being [Closed]

Post  Damxge Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 am

Name: Caesar Kroun (pronounce Crown)
Appearance: Of average height at 5' 11", Kroun's thin build makes it easy for him to slip through the forests in search of prey. He is wiry and fast, his hair is a pure white and falls to his shoulders, but he ties it back with a leather strip. His eyes are pale grey with a dark black ring around the iris in his right eye. His face it slightly short with a crook nose and high cheekbones. He wears a short white beard that covers his chin, runs around his lip and up to his ears.
Clothes: Wears a heavy leather jacket with a hood that he pulls down over his forehead. Under the jacket, he wears a black wool shirt and a brown scarf around his neck that he can pull up over his mouth and nose to hide his breath in the cold air. Wears heavy cloth pants with thick leather knees and tall brown boots. Wears gloves with the index and middle fingers cut off of the left glove.
Backstory: Kroun grew up in a small fishing village along a frozen river, the fishermen barely able to catch enough fish from the holes in the ice to support their families, much less sell to travelers. Kroun, hating the wait of fishing, began to hunt. At first he only hunted small game with a slingshot and rocks or chunks of ice. He fed his family on the small game he brought it, supplementing the fish his father and three brothers caught.
On his fifteenth birthday, his father used all of his savings over the last five years to purchase a longbow from a traveling merchant and gave it to his son under the condition that Kroun would learn to make his own arrows.
Kroun went above and beyond. He became an expert Fletcher and began to build his own bows and traps.
The finest archers in the State came to the little village to buy custom bows and quiver fulls of perfect swan feather arrows. The Kroun family became the talk of the town, bringing in business all the way from the desert regions of the State. The town prospered, Joshua Kroun, the eldest of the Kroun brothers, became the town mayor, putting into place revolutionary fishing tactics and developing hunting parties to hunt the abundance of game in the frozen forests.
Joshua was eventually promoted by the King of the State to Baron status and was given control over the lands and villages around the small town, which was now called Kroun Haven.
Caesar Kroun continued to hunt and trap, moving farther and farther away from home with each trip. And on his twentieth birthday, he announced that he would be leaving Kroun Haven to explore the world and hunt the many rare beasts.
He left home, swearing to himself never to return, even for a visit. He has been wandering the lands over the last year, hunting and trapping, trading furs and meats in busy markets in the largest cities in the State.
Character Traits (personality): Quiet, likes to be alone but is polite when spoken to. Never sits without his back against a wall or tree, very paranoid.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

The Story of Alkemir and The Being [Closed] Empty Re: The Story of Alkemir and The Being [Closed]

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:55 am

Is it really a good idea to start MORE RP's with a plan to move?
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 am

With a fresh RP, it won't be a big deal, I can move it easily; I doubt it will get past a page within the next week or two anyways.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:15 am

Ehhh, I dunno... Your last one took off quick!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:21 am

Pish posh, it'll be fine Tongue
Any comments on the RP itself?
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:38 am

Sorry, I just woke up and am very tired.... I'm lucky my brain is even working right now... TL;DR (but I will do so now *salutes*)
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks, I'm not sure if I went overboard with it though Sad

I'm working on a rune based card game at the moment and thought that an RP of it might be nice...
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Its a nice idea, just one question though... When you do a circle, do the runes get used up or can you simply pick them back up afterwards?
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:44 pm

You write the runes after you learn them, so the circle you draw will be removed after the circle is completed, but you can just rewrite it.

You can draw the rune circles in chalk, in the dust, you can whittle them into wood, carve them into stone, whatever.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:26 pm

I might have a go at this then

I'll type up later, bit awkward on a phone
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 am

Awesome, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:26 am

Spoiler:

Is this good?
Also are the runes like the transmutation circles from Full Metal Alchemist?
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Its good.
I don't really watch fma, so I don't know Happy
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum