Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Conor should be a mod

5 posters

:: Misc :: General

Go down

Why Conor should be a mod Empty Why Conor should be a mod

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 7:39 pm

So I've only been back here 5 mins and I can tell what you're thinking: why isn't Conor on the staff team? He seems like he's done it before, surely he'd be a great asset in the growth of the site?

Well guess what bucko, I have been a moderator in the past on two forums, AnimatorX and Alternate Platform. Not only that, but I was damn good at it, but only because of the other dedicated staff, which is obviously something that's carried on ExRPG.

But I still feel there are things I could help you with, the most notable being the competition side of ExRPG (which, by the way, is all the way down at the friggin' bottom of the screen). Competitions not only encourage writers to test their skills, they also encourage interaction and involvement between members, creating a tighter-knit community.
I know the websites only just been rebooted, but there doesn't seem to be an awful lot going on. Put my name in bold red and I'll see to it that that changes.

Last edited by Conor on Tue May 10, 2016 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Why Conor should be a mod Empty Re: Why Conor should be a mod

Post  LordTomyh Tue May 10, 2016 8:33 pm

If I may, I believe the reasons Conor should not be a mod are simple.

1. He is rude and insults other members, in particular, me, and most of all Casey.
  2. in comments and actions, such as this thread and his comment on the warriors creation post, he believes arrogantly that he is the superior writer of this post. There is no such thing as the best or worst (Killer is an entirely different point and not the point of this argument), writers on this website. We are all equal in our writing, and in honesty we should not judge and criticize each other for their flaws and errors and mistakes in their writing but rather we should move to help each other grow and improve.

Now I do not intend to attack Conor for this post, but rather I intend to argue and debate this. This is my opinion, and my views. Take them as you will.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 8:52 pm

It's a bold reply from Dyl. Let's look at the stats:

- so far throughout my time on ExRPG I've caused zero arguments. Me and Casey are even chatting about modelling in the hairstyle thread. As much of an arsehole as I can be, I've learnt a lot from my time in the Himalayas about self control and respect, so you needn't worry.
- I don't really know where you got that from, after all, you're the one studying literature, so are probably the most adept writer here, Dyl. I consider my strengths to lie in art, not writing. To delve further, I agree with the fact that we're all equal, and want to actually encourage this small community to create better writers.
I even explained this in the post you mentioned in the Warriors forum: "exercise creativity and self-expression in the writers here and hopefully improve their overall writing (ultimately making their RPing better). And that's what this site should aim for, in my opinion. To encourage its writers to achieve more." This mirrors what you said, Dyl, meaning we have common aims and goals for ExRPG.
I also don't think adding a nice little jab at Killer there is a very staff-y thing to do?

But aside from these points, we haven't yet addressed my ABILITY as a member of forum staff. Most of the members AltPlat will probably agree that i was a mod that created content for users and kept a steady stream of competitions, collaborations, experimental RPGs and art flowing. If it wasn't for me creating the Warriors on AnimatorX, you probably wouldn't have it here, considering Mike brought the concept here from the sub forum of the same name back on AltPlat.
Apart from this, I actually know how all the tools work for staff, and am probably more active than most members. It'd also give you an advantage given the opposite time zones - when i was online, you'd be asleep.
This is apposed to Dyl's activity - this is the first post I've seen from you on here. On a seperate note, when you posting in iLiB, dude?

Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Conor wrote:- so far throughout my time on ExRPG I've caused zero arguments. Me and Casey are even chatting about modelling in the hairstyle thread. As much of an arsehole as I can be, I've learnt a lot from my time in the Himalayas about self control and respect, so you needn't worry.

Some brief and rare civil conversation does not mean all that much, or have you forgotten the reason I lost my admin status the first time? Let's face it, you couldn't go 24 hours without insulting someone, even when you were being compassionate towards me you managed to slip in an insult.
You can still contribute as a member, I see no reason that you'd need to be staff.
As for Dylan, he has exams coming up and even though he doesn't post that much he is definitely still around. We all have stuff that keeps us busy from time to time, I'm sure we can ALL understand.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 10, 2016 9:14 pm

Why Conor should be a mod Best-dis-gon-b-gud-gif
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 9:36 pm

no, I can't understand. Unlike some of you, roleplaying is MY LIFE.
All the more reason for me to be a mod, tbh.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 9:42 pm

You don't need to be a mod to RP.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 pm

You don't need to be an admin either, when you think about it like that.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm an admin because I was the one who started it up again, and I was an admin before the forum died.
We are not here to question other peoples status.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Please... please... everyone...

Why Conor should be a mod V22n1ES
Why Conor should be a mod 1HTmq79

Lets just leave it as it is for now, ffs, I'm not even an admin here, and tbf, I couldn't give two flying fucks if I was atm XD

Last edited by Chavvy on Tue May 10, 2016 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Your image is broken
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 10, 2016 11:14 pm

Fixed em (feel free to delete this post if need me, flex dem mod muscles XD)
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 11:16 pm

Nah, it's okay, for now anyways.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 pm

I fuckin love that pic
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Tue May 10, 2016 11:40 pm

I know. I'm tempted to steal it and add it to my Online responses folder.

I think we can all agree on Chavvy's pictures being awesome.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Wed May 11, 2016 12:01 am

I was more tempted to draw em properly, but, yknow XD
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed May 11, 2016 12:27 pm

As amusing as this is, I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread down.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Misc :: General

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum