Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Explanation to RPG Difficulties

5 posters

:: Dump :: Archived Posts

Go down

Explanation to RPG Difficulties Empty Explanation to RPG Difficulties

Post  Damxge Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:51 am

So when I first joined, I was like, "What the heck is with these different RPG difficulties? Aren't RPGs RPGs?" But after speaking with Drag, I've come to understand the difference between the difficulties.

Beginner: For inexperienced RPG players. These are directed at those who don't post more than a few sentences in an RPG. These RPGs are also more directed toward those who don't have very good grammar or descriptiveness in their writing.

Intermediate: You can post in these RPGs if you are comfortable with RPGs and know how to play. You must also post longer, more detailed actions. Your action might be removed or ignored if it is too short or not descriptive enough. You may also have to follow more specific rules set by the RP Admin (creator of the RP), including: specific maps of the location, interact with specific non-player characters with predefined personalities, simulate accents through your writing when people speak, etc...

Expert: RPGs in this section are for people who are experienced with RPGs. To post in these, you must post at the minimum three paragraphs for each action. They must be descriptive and for the most part grammatically correct. To post in these, you must be truly dedicated to RPG. You may also have to follow more specific rules set by the RP Admin (creator of the RP), including: specific maps of the location, interact with specific non-player characters with predefined personalities, simulate accents through your writing when people speak, etc...

Also, please remember that you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST IN RPGS WITHOUT SIGNING UP. You have to have been accepted by the admin in one of the Interest Check forums.
The only exceptions to this rule are RPGs that specify no signup is needed in the title.

Last edited by Cross on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Explanation to RPG Difficulties Empty Re: Explanation to RPG Difficulties

Post  Drag Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Yeah! Thanks for posting this, Cross.

Another thing I added to Intermediate is little to no taking controll of other peoples characters (something that should be avoided.)
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

https://extremerpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:35 am

You spelt 'control' wrong in the expert part, last row. Anyway, so basically you separate the bad writers from the good writers? Little alienating, don't you think? but whatever, i like this place, it's cool.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:36 am

Im not sure if this is the format I want to stick with. Im thinking of other ways...grammar Nazi.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

https://extremerpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:12 pm

Not so alienating in my personal opinion, if you like writing long actions and whatnot, then you might prefer expert RPGs. Its not really like you have to have so many posts before entering into a higher ranking RPG.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:34 am

Meh,It works.OH GOD I DONT WANT MORE PEOPLE JOINING!I REALLY DON'T WANNA START POINTS TO START A RPG!!!
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:51 am

It would cut down on spamming RPGs later on if we do get popular.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  killer8529 Sun May 27, 2012 9:08 pm

true a note thought with the intermediate rpg we need to find a way of choosing if an rpg should stay when they go dead
killer8529
killer8529
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down