Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Injuries Thread

+9
LittleMatryoshkaDoll
GreenGlassNotes
Legotransform
TheMagicMechanic
MrSage
killer8529
LordTomyh
cyclonecasey
Damxge
13 posters

:: Misc :: General

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Injuries Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Injuries Thread

Post  Ragingblast12 Sun May 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Ew,dat must sting
Ragingblast12
Ragingblast12
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Sun May 27, 2012 6:56 am

Hello Mr.Obvious,Anyway,I was riding my skateboard with 2 friend and I was on the left,along the left side of our street their is a really sharp bit along the corner of the corner shop,I did a turn around their and scraped my arm off it and got a massive scar on my arm,it was actually dripping blood and them I fell off my skateboard and the nose of the skateboard dropped on my forehead,it hurt
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Sun May 27, 2012 7:51 am

I have plenty o' scars... most from silly things when I was little, so I don't remember them, only from what I've been told... usually breaking things like clocks and lamps.

I have at least twenty on my knees, shins and ankles from years of skateboarding (mixture of falling on tarmac and coming off ramps funny)

I did have a glycema (a lump of scar tissue, think thats how its spelt) on my left shoulder, from a skateboard accident where I hit a pothole on a 2:1 hill, taking out one side of my face, my shoulder, forearm, and part of my thigh... about a week before the prom... luckily, my face cleared up in a few days, but I still had bandages and that on my arm and shoulder. Couldn't really take my jacket off, and it was boiling in that place XD

But I had an operation to remove it last september, made a thick 3/4 inch long scar in its place, but had a few problems with it, one of the stitches got infected, making another scar over it (like a jesus cross)... so had about 18 steriod injections in it so far XD

I got a few from work, like when something falls out a ceiling. I have a nice one on my cheekbone where half a brick hit me. things you find in peoples houses, ay? I got some on my left wrist from moving concrete slabs, and dropping them, catching my arms. I've had people look at them like I cut myself sometimes.

I do have more, but this post is long enough.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Sun May 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Where do you work?
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Mon May 28, 2012 12:10 am

I work alongside my dad, plastering mainly. I do work for myself, but I run it as sub-contract, my dad passing on some of his work, and team up on bigger things. But other than plastering, I also take on joinery, decorating, minor electrics and even groundworks!

The usual one where I get injured though is historical stuff. sometimes you really don't know what you'll find. Like once, we were sent to take a look a ceiling for an insurance claim, intending to patch it and have it done with in a day. On the sheet, it said "Lat and plaster", which is the old way of doing ceilings... when we got there, started knocking a hole in the ceiling... to find it was about 18 inches bloody thick! its an old reeded ceiling... and by the time we made a foot square hole in it, we had filled three binliners just with crap.

In the end, we had to take the lot down... took four days, and filled two skips...
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  killer8529 Mon May 28, 2012 1:39 am

went to hospital resontly had to get my chest xrayed because I have felt alto of pain coming from my chest found out i had I Bit of metal
in my chest close to the serfus and they took it out so I all good but they did what they do with screws jab a oversized neadle in you wiggle then inject then put it out it still hurts like a mother fucker hiding it from my mother is hard though
killer8529
killer8529
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon May 28, 2012 2:29 am

So you got shot huh? I bet by the cops.

I fell and busted my elbow earlier today, got out of the car when I was dropping my brother off at work, stepped onto the curb, and some guy on a bike hit me. Dafuq was the guy doing out on a bike at five in the morning?!
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Mon May 28, 2012 5:04 am

You'd be surprised dude... f***ing bikers come out at any time... I've seen them out in force at 5 in a morning too, out on the country lanes, wearing all black, no vis-jackets or anything... in the winter...
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Mon May 28, 2012 5:20 am

Dafuq?Never saw them,my great-great-great-great-great(forgot how many greats)grandfather was the first Earl of Scotland in 1479
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Mon May 28, 2012 5:22 am

Cool... I was related to Guy fawkes... (The guy behind the gunpowder plot, forget what year)... but its true, yo' can check my family tree if you like Mooblips
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon May 28, 2012 5:27 am

One of my uncles (a few generations above me, obviously) invented the door that ejects from space capsules returning from space.

Mooblips I thought it was pretty interesting.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Mon May 28, 2012 5:29 am

ah... thats pretty cool. Don't know anyone that invented anything... I just have a glorified terrorist in my roots XD
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Tue May 29, 2012 4:28 am

Well I have a king in mine sorta,really dont follow on,I'm a slob
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 29, 2012 10:28 am

I have a bite shaped bruise on my back thanks to my idiot of a friend [Not Tomyh]
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 29, 2012 10:31 am

Someone...bit...your back?....
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 29, 2012 10:33 am

Yes... I was trying to make him walk back to the house, by stealing his drinks and running [I am NOT fast] he caught me... grabbed me... BIT me...
I was NOT happy, with him... It hurt!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 29, 2012 10:35 am

Oooooookay, I've been bitten on the neck and shoulders before, but playfully, and rarely hard enough to leave a bruise. . .Shoulda swung around and punched him XD
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 29, 2012 10:36 am

I would have... If I didn't end up screaming and collapsing... I have a very low tolerance for pain, when I'm not expecting it!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 29, 2012 10:38 am

Lol, once time, a friend of mine smacked me in the back of the head with an old wooden broom handle (hard enough for me to see stars), the first reaction was to spin around and hit him xD I had a massive lump on the back of my head, and he had a bruise on his right arm for three weeks (nasty looking bruise, kinda yellowish around the edges)
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  SirSuiji Tue May 29, 2012 4:00 pm

I fell on some asphalt and have a scar along my chest [this year]. I stepped in glass and had to go to hospital [last year]. Atsuko scratched me and Kero made me fall [Last year]. Kuru accidentally hit me and I have bump on my head [2 days ago].
SirSuiji
SirSuiji
Integrating
Integrating

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Wed May 30, 2012 3:48 am

I managed to cut my wrist yet again... this time on my trowel... It better heal up a bit for saturday... its in the way of where my next tattoo will be XD
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:19 am

How unfortunate. What tattoo is this one? And how close are you to the sleeve?
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:39 am

Um... one sec...

http://www.animatorx.net/upload/uploads/1337783227Photo625.jpg

Its that one. This is going on the left forearm this time (its looking a bit bare, I only have my wrist done on that arm, where as I nearly have half sleeve on the other). So yeah, having that while I figure out where I'm going next with the sleeve, probably something that represents either "creator of life" of "preserver of life... I already have a resurrection, taking and end on there... so yeah.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Bambi Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:35 pm

I have a wicked as scar on my right wrist and have no idea as to how it got there.
I woke up one morning not a drop of blood on my sheets, even though it was all down my arm!
Bambi
The Voices
The Voices

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:12 pm

I still like the 'F' shaped scar on me middle finger Happy
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down