Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Province (RPG THREAD)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Province (RPG THREAD) Empty Province (RPG THREAD)

Post  Conor Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:12 am

Joff, at the Wymingbrooke Inn wrote:The Province is a huge expanse of lush forests, dry deserts, towering mountain ranges, stormy coasts and vast plains. Many races inhabit the land, each keeping to the districts that best suit their needs. Some build huge cities that pierce the skies and span for miles, whilst others, small villages, kept the same for millennia. Some civilisations remain frozen in time, stuck in the old ways with their primitive religions and traditions. Some have expanded over the centuries, their technology evolving with them - and with that, war has evolved, too.

But I stray from my point and, of course, you already know all of this. The Red War, you know of it? Of course you do, everybody does. You don't need to be from here to know of it. Some may be hundreds of miles from the main battlefields but we've all been scorched by its flame. I've seen some factions use sorcery, but it's no secret that the forces of magic have returned to the Province. They use fire magic primarily, you see. The worst element of them all. Hardly anything that the war has ravaged remains. Only ashes and cinders and bits of what was, crumbling at the slightest touch. Some blame the magic. It's even outlawed in certain regions, punishable by death if seen using it, or even worshipping its Gods. I've heard of a few mercenary cults that are profiting from the Red War, but only rumours. I don't know your business here, traveller, but if otherworldly affairs are what intrigue you I advise you keep it to yourself.

But, that's enough from me, you must be thirsty. Hungry perhaps? All of our fish is caught fresh. What can I get for you?
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Province (RPG THREAD) Empty Re: Province (RPG THREAD)

Post  Conor Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:59 am

"Sounds like you've rehearsed this." I chuckled, smirking beneath my cowl. "Do you have any chicken?" I queried, slipping two copper coins onto the table.

"And wine, I assume?" the landlord asked, turning and reaching a hesitant hand behind the bar, but pausing while he waited for an answer. Hw did I know he was the landlord, you ask? Well, the man had a wooden tag on his apron, "landlood" hastily calved into it. Incorrectly spelt, of course. I may be a farm boy, but at least I was taught to spell. Reading, on the other hand...

"That goes without saying." I purred, and the stocky man presumed with his service, more-or-less smashing a bottle onto the counter with a clay goblet. "The food will be a short wait." he grumbled, before tending to the next customer. So I began to pour.
As I did so, I took in my surroundings. I hadn't gotten chance to take in the scenery when I walked in, because that landlord decided to recite his community play at me, but it was the same as every other Midland retreat - high ceiling, wooden beams, a toasty, burning fire. I was just glad to be out of the wind and rain.
The place was empty, bar a few. You could tell the locals from the travellers, because the latter were dirty and bloody - the former were just dirty. A couple of men sat around a table gossiping about something or other, and another, sat in the corner, drank solemnly with only a pair of dice for company. I decided to join him, and offer a game.
I slowly worked my way over to him by way of pretending to examine paintings on the walls and standing in front of the fire for a bit, acting as if i was in deep thought amidst the flames. But the man cottoned on to my hijinks soon enough.

"If you fancy a game..." he spoke up in a gravelly tone "...then sit." I paused a moment, nodded to myself, and slowly sat down opposite the man, pouring him a cup of my own wine in good gesture.

"If you're going to offer me drink, at least let me see the face I am to thank." he grumbled. He was old, but not so much so that it physically effected him. But there was something he was obviously avoiding to be alone in this dive. A family, perhaps, or just a nagging wife, most likely. "Take of the hood, young'n. No one of importance will recognise you here."

"You say that," I said softly as I moved away my hood to reveal my hair and face, "But half the people here look like they want to rip my face off. Including you." The man laughed out loud, causing other punters to look in his direction, but he seemed unbothered.

"You first." he offered, sliding the dice my way.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:23 pm

The door open, my armor announcing my entrance as I stepped into the inn and looked around. Nearly all chatter and noise save for the fire stopped, everyone looking at me obviously or subtly, eyes full of suspicion, prejudice or simply hatred. With a snort or air, I ignored them, ignored the smell of meat and food mixing with smoke and ash and sweat, dirt and blood as I walked to the bar, making sure my sword was visible as I went.

The man behind the bar, the landlood according to the wooden sign he wore, looked up at me with a smile; business was business. He started to talk to me, giving a history lesson of the land and the Red War like I was from another land. I waited till he finished and was offering me something before moving, reaching or my money purse.

"Ale, please," I asked putting down a few coppers. The landlood smiled and turned around, filling a large clay mug and turning back putting it in front of me. I nodded in thanks and reached for the drink, but someone else grabbed it from me first.

"If animals like you are thirsty, the troughf's outside," the man said looking up at me holding my drink. I turned my whole body to face him, towering over the little man that had to crane his neck so far he was looking straight up. I could see he was a traveler, possibly a warrior passing through, and very drunk. So easily I could have broken him in half or reduced him to waste for the farmer's crop. Instead, I reached out and grabbed his wrist holding my drink, taking the clay mug from his grasp easily and let him go, turning away.

"Oi! Did yva hear mje beas!t We dotn' want ya nin here," the man said grabbing my arm. I grabbed his hand and pried it off my arm, and kept walking, heading to a vacant table by the corner. The man, however, was persistent, following me to the table and making another grab at me.

With a sigh I put my drink down and grabbed him by the shirt, lifting him off of his feet. Everyone in the bar tensed up, some half jumping to their feet reaching for their weapons as the man struggled in my hand yelling and cursing at me. With my other hand I reached up and flicked the man on the forehead, hard enough with the strength of force and the metal gauntlet to knock him out. Setting him down at the table I grabbed my drink and sat down, facing the bar, raising an eyebrow in challenge. Everyone sat back down and turned away from me, but I could hear them grumbling, every now and then one turning to look at me.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:39 pm

The scene disrupted the whole tavern, but not for long. Shortly after, the punters had resumed with their business, leaving the unfortunate fellow out cold on the sticky wooden flooring. Pretty sure he began to snore after a while.
The Leonian though... he sat quietly, sipping his ale and staring vacantly at nothing, as most Leonians do. He - i'd assume by the mane - had removed a small town's worth of armour and weaponry by his side, revealing his slender, athletic frame as he hunched over his goblet, his eyes slit and looking deep into the abyss.
I rolled the dice, to unsatisfactory results.

"We don't see many'a them round 'ere." my opponent commented beneath his breath. "Fuckin' cat folk." I smirked, pouring him another cup of wine in reward for his victory.

"What, Leonians?" I asked, setting up the game again. The man's yellowish eyes flicked up to me, and he nodded.

"'Erd a lot about 'em, ya see." he continued to spit "Stealing newborns from villages and killin' Seawood soldiers in the night. Barbaric beasts, the lot of 'em."

"Yes..." I answered, leaning in "I've heard they have excellent hearing." The man's eyes widened, looking back at the Leonian only to see him staring right back at him, his tale flicking agitatedly. The man strayed his gaze and pursed his lips as I pushed the dice to his side, and he rolled again. "What's your name?" I then asked, bluntly.

"Idin." he replied immediately, etching down his score. "But don't worry, I don't expect you to tell me yours. You don't look the kind to."

"Dyris. It's not my name that's confidential." I scooped the dice up in my palm and rolled again. Failure, once more. Idin laughed, tapping at his cup as I topped him up. "You wouldn't happen to know a good route to Wedwin Town, would you, Idin?" I pushed the dice to his side.

"So you're a Bringer, then." Idin gleamed, grinning to himself and looking up at me. "Knew there was summat about you. Surely a man of your profession knows his ins and outs of the Province?" Idin rolled again.

"By 'good' route, I meant one that won't get me killed." I explained It's well known that the war has made many roads once thought to be safe, treacherous. I need to deliver the goods, and I can't do that with my head a top a pike."

"Fair cop." Idin said, rolling yet another exceptional score "Last I heard the Western route was fine. The war's already been there. Go through Blackhead - or what's left of it - and you should be safe."

"Should be..." I groaned to myself "That's a term so many folk say these days. Uncertainty has plagued the Province with 'should be's and 'maybe's and the like." I rolled again, and as usual, lost.

"One thing is certain though, Dyris..." Idin croaked, taking out his pipe and loading it with leechweed, which he kept in a small leather pouch on the table "You're a travesty when it comes to dice."

"In all honesty, Idin..." I replied, helping myself to the man's leechweed and ramming it in my own, modest pipe "I haven't the foggiest idea how to play." We shared a laugh and a match, just as my chicken arrived, served by the distinguished Joff. I asked for another plate and split the chicken, handing Idin a half. He thanked me by sliding his pouch of leechweed to my end of the table.

"For the road." he said. "Another game. Double or nothing." I turned in my seat first.

"Leonian!" I called, and the towering furry beast from before turned his huge head our way. "Care to join us for a game?"

"To what purpose?" the monster asked, his voice crackling and deep like an explosion of thunder on a stormy winter's night.

"To share stories and information." I replied, Idin shrinking in his seat "I can smell your breath from here anyway, you may as well come sit here so I can get a proper whiff." I hope Leonians understood jokes.

Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:42 pm

I stared at the man with narrowed eyes and an unimpressed expression. Unlike everyone else he did not seem to look at me in hatred, instead inviting me to join him and the other man in a game of dice. I looked to my side to my armour, then back to the man and shrugged. Why the hell not.

Gathering my armour and weapons I moved to the table the two-man sat at and put it down on the ground, then dragged over a chair and sat down.

“So,” I said loudly, looking between the two men. “Besides to smell my breath, what can I do for you?”

"Like I said. To share stories and information," the man, Dyris I believe, said picking up the dice and rolling. The three of us looked down at the things, with the other man, Idin smiling and Dyris filling his cup.

“On information, I’m not sure what I can tell you. As for stories, mine would probably be boring.”

“No such thing as a boring story,” Dyris said with a smile. I looked at him with great suspicion. It had been so long since a non-Leonian had been kind to me, that I doubted they were capable of such things anymore.

“I still doubt you would care to-“

The door to the inn opened, catching my attention. Several men walked in, soldiers judging by their armour and their weapons. Bands such as this weren’t that uncommon in these times, myself a case in point, but something about them put me on edge. I could not tell what faction, if any they belonged to, only that they wore a red cross on their chests and shields.

I looked back to Dyris and Idin, while reaching for one of my knives. Dyris followed the movement.

“Fret not,” I said calmly. “Only if they engage me.”
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:26 am

(Gonna keep us in the inn for now until Mike joins in, so everyone starts in the same place, so don't go bustin' out yet unless it's just your character. NOTE: Wymingbrooke Inn is in the center of the Province, so you can head off in any direction you like.)

The incoming bandits, mercenaries, hired guards, or whatever they were, stormed the complex like loud, gobby house maidens. They already seemed highly intoxicated, so this was probably their next stop of the stretch, but hopefully not where they'd reside. Their presence set a lot of the men in here on edge - hell, they probably recognised them, and vice versa. This was probably an inconvenient time to be a stranger.
Idin slumped further down in his seat, more so than he had when the Leonian joined our table. Speaking of which, the manbeast's glare followed the laughing lump of armoured goons, his ears dropping and pupils dilating. His long, serpentine tail seemed to flick with life of its own.
I, on the other hand, managed a quick glance as you would with any new entry to any bar anywhere, but quickly turned back so the small militia wouldn't return the look.

"Red Crosses." Idin whispered in a hiss, leaning close but still a way's from the Leonians face that he could still foolishly consider himself safe (if the cat wanted to eat him, he'd already be digested sh*t sitting in the thing's bowels) "They've been lingering around these parts for a while now, but they don't follow no code, I tell ye that."

"Any idea who they fight for?" the Leonian asked.

"Not the foggiest."
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:23 pm

"Do you know this mark?" I asked, rather loudly, totally ignoring the ale fetcher's drivel about the Provident or whatever it was. I hoisted a buckler, made small in my hands, onto the bar, the crest gleaming in the light. A ruckus had broken out behind me, but my concern was focused on finding information. The man, a nametag of wood resting crookedly on his shirt, ignored the shield and gazed past me to the door. Snorting, I turned about to find a gang of soldiers standing opposite me, only a short distance away. My eyes darted immediately to the markings on their armor, my blood rising to a boil. There were at least ten of them, all wearing light armor and carrying weapons. Ever so slowly, I turned from the bar, dragging the shield off with a loud scraping noise, chips of wood splintering off as the grip bit into the wood. My eyes locked onto the closest man, who returned the gaze, blinking rapidly, as if confused by my stare.

"What then, d'you wan'?" He slurred, sidling up to me as his companions swarmed the bar. Reaching out a metal clad hand, he gave me a hard poke in the chest, pursing his lips. I didn't reply, I simply sat there, on my tiny wooden stool, gazing hatefully into the man's brown eyes. Smacking his lips, his eyes wandered to the buckler hanging from my grip, narrowing immediately, ""N where ye be gettin' that?" He made a grab for it. I let it go, hoping to get some information from the drunkard before I cleaved him in half.

"It be a gift," I growled, gritting my teeth.

"Fr'm who might I ask?" He leaned back, throwing the shield to one of his compatriots.

"I dunno their name, I was hopin' ye might be able to help with'at," I responded.

"The commodore don't be givin' out our gear lightly," He rubbed his hands together, tightening the straps on his gauntlets, "I reckon yer a thief," He said, or yelled, rather, drawing the attention of all of the men, their clamor dropping to silence immediately, "And we know whattah do with a thief, right boys?" He laughed, reaching for his sword.

His hand never made it to the hilt, however. Instead, he found his forearm locked in my grip, a startled look crossing his cocky mug. With the crack of breaking bones and the sickening pop of joints coming out of socket, I slung him to the side, sending him crashing into a nearby table. Rising to my feet, my free hand reaching for one of the axes on my back I let loose a war cry.

"Blood for the Queen!" I bellowed, whipping the axe from my back, cleaving the nearest soldier completely in half. Screams of confusion and anger filled the air, the scent of burning wood and cheap ale replaced by the sweet aroma of battle and blood. I was charged by two of the soldiers while their allies scrambled to draw their blades, innocents fleeing the establishment in fear. With a thunderous laugh, I charged forward, shoulder checking the left soldier, his blade cutting a shallow gash in my arm as he flew backwards, over a table and onto the floor, collapsing in a heap of chainmail and flesh. Paying little mind to where he flew, I wrapped my free arm around the neck of his ally, spinning sharply as soon as I had him in my grip, dislocating just about every vertebrae in his spine as I hurled him away.

"Face your death with honor, dogs!" I laughed as the rest of the men, a pitiful number, now, surrounded me, their weapons finally at the ready.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Suddenly, the inn broke out into a huge brawl between the thugs and what appeared to be a giant. I took my leave only when one of the bandits was thrown into the table Idis, the Leonian and myself sat at. His head looked like it had been crushed with an anvil made of fingers, with dents in his skull beginning to turn red and bulge out his eyes.

"Blackwater, got it." I snapped hastily before quickly slipping out of the door and outside again.

Indeed, the Province had become a dangerous place, evidently. You couldn't even have a quiet drink anymore. One could still here the thunderous cracks with each bone that was snapped from outside the inn. I looked up, and it began to rain, so I reapplied my hood and set off at a steady jog once more, sword at my hip and bow on my back.
The sky had greyed over to the point I wasn't sure if it was dusk or dawn. A mountain wolf's howl echoed over the hills, so i picked up the pace, but my main priority in this rain was another form of shelter, though preferably not an establishment like the Wymingbrooke Inn again.
It was a shame that my stay was cut short, I was quite looking forward to hearing some tales from the Leonian, but there's plenty of time for that in this life. The ground was sludgy and I was beginning to get cold and damp despite my leather attire, but I still stopped for a brief second to check I still had my package.
I reached inside my robes and felt a surge of relief as I felt the small, paper letter tucked safely in my inner pocket. I had 2 days.

"To Blackwater, then." I grumbled, continuing the jog as the rain bounced off me, pitter patting in rhythm with each stride.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:49 am

[I knew Mike would take the bait Big Smile]

"By the Gods!" I roared as the man crashed into the table, knocking it and Idin to the floor. I jumped to my feet, drawing my knifes, to see a giant of a man, far bigger than any I had seen and even taller than I, fighting with the soldiers in the red cross. I watched as the man tore into the soldiers, ripping them apart with his bare hands, and looked down at my knives; There was no way in the frozen pits I was fighting him with those.

Putting the small blades away I picked up my blade and shiled from the floor and marched towards the man, pushing through the injured and those standing surrounding him. The man turned to me, holding his axe high ready to strike, but paused at seeing me. I gave breath and held my shield up, sword at the ready, but did not attack

"Why do you fight, Tall Man? Soldiers they be, but why do you engage them so?"

The man spat and growled, and pointed an axe at the men with the red cross. "These dogs are no soldiers. Those of the Red Cross use their strength to take what they want and leave all those that dare stand up to them dead in their wake."

I turned and looked at the men with the Red Cross. All watched the Tall Man, hatred, and scorn in their eyes, but arrogance as well. Some looked to me, not with a plea or thank or aid, but like some many others with prejudice and the thought that I was below them. I looked back to the Tall man and sheathed my sword.

"Then let justice be done. I will see to the innocents," I said with a nod of my head. Turning around I again pushed through the men, stepping on the leg of one of the injured, and made for the entrance of the inn, ignoring the continuation of carnage behind me.

Stepping out, the cool breeze greeting me clearing my nose I looked around the town square. Most of the farmers and tradesman of the town, to which I could not recall its name, were gone back to their homes, the odd few heading back towards the inn with tools in hands. Nearly all of the travelers were preparing to leave, saddling horses and pitching wagons or carriages; the rest just stood around aimlessly, watching the inn.

"Is anyone injured," I called out, my voice booming through the quiet night bring all attention to me. One of the travellers stood up and jeered at me.

"We don't need your help Beastman! Go back to your cave!"

I looked at the man, starring him down till he cowered and sat back down, unable to look up from the dirt in front of him. With a snort of air in his diretcion I turned my attention back to the town, again shouting "Is anyone injured?"

No one said anything, no one coming forward; most turned away from me. I let out a sigh, I should have expected that. Turning around I pushed open the door to the inn and stepped back inside, a corpse missing its arms landing in ront of me. Without looking up to the Tall Man I headed back to the table I was seated, waving my hand in the direction of the loudest screaming.

"No one needs aid, so I'm just grabbing my armour. Don't mind me."
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:01 am

I held what I thought to be the final adversary by the throat, lifted from the floor, his legs flailing as he scratched fruitlessly at my wrist.

"Who is the commodore?" I bellowed, giving him a little squeeze, "Where is he?" Rather than replying, he just spit at me. Thought it was a weak attempt and the glob fell short and landed halfway up my arm. Laughing, I turned and hurled the man through the door, which was just opening as a soldier I must have overlooked tried to slip out. His ally piled into him, knocking them both out the door. Growling, I stomped out after them to find the soldier, his arm hanging limp by his side, shuffling up the lane, glancing back at me in terror.

"Stop now and I'll make your death swift!" I roared, charging up the lane after him, sending the farmers and shepherds who'd fled the bar scattering out of the way. As the man shuffled away, a foot found its way under him, knocking him sprawling. Standing beside one of the eaves stood the strange creature from the inn. He was mostly human, but his face resembled the fearsome sabercats of the mountains. A creature the likes of which I'd never seen before. It didn't matter at the present, however, as I caught up to and hoisted the soldier into the air by his ankle, putting a foot firmly on his head, squashing it into the muddy street.

"The commodore! Where is he?" I shouted, as I'd done previously.

"I-I-I don't know," He sputtered into the ground.

"Tell me now and your death will be quick, otherwise I'll tear each of your toes off, followed by each of your fingers until you give me what I want!" I shouted, putting a bit more weight on his head.

"I've never seen him! He gives us orders that come by bringer, I swear that's all I know!" He screamed, spitting mud out of his mouth.

"Where do you wait for the orders?" I pressed, looking up to find the cat man staring at me from his shadowy stoop, his eyes gleaming in the low light.

"Ravenwall inn, we wait in Ravenwall inn!" He finally answered something in a satisfactory manner. With a quick jerk, I broke his neck, ending it quickly as promised. Rolling my shoulders, I dropped the body to the ground and turned to face the feline creature.

"Thank you for your aid," I growled, pounding my chest twice with a fist, a sign of respect, "Do you know where Ravenwall is?"
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:49 am

The reason Bringers didn't travel on horseback was simple; it drew attention, which was exactly what we avoided in this profession. You may think a horseman blends into a crowded city or town perfectly fine, but on the road, a horse usually meant you were travelling with more than you could carry, some of which may be worth a few coin. You can be the God's champion for all I care, but no more than five men jumping from the bushes would end me quick if I wasn't aware.
Oh, i could fight. Bahn - my contractor, a Leonian - had many allies that taught me a thing or two, but i'm no warrior. Far from it, in fact, as that's not my job. That's why I didn't wait around to see what happened in the Wymingbrooke with that... giant. Maybe it was a mountain troll that had learned to speak, but who knows? Many races have immigrated to the Province in recent years, though a lot seem to be leaving as of late, and I can't blame them.

As I walked, i looked up to see the full moon blessing the road with the slightest sliver of light - indeed, it was nighttime. Odd, as it wasn't that cld tonight, just wet. The rain had begun as a minor spit but was now a decent downpour one wouldn't want to stay under for too long.
But at times like this - where the only option was to just keep moving - i often thought of home. A Bringer is paid handsomely, and the current state of the Province allowed for an even heftier charge than usual, due to the risks. I'd bring in a good 2,000 gold ones for a week's work - which was a generous amount - though Bahn seemed a rich individual. Barely any skin of his snout, that's for certain. Half would go home, back to my father and his farm, and I'd take half for myself to last me until the next job. I didn't have to wait too long in times like these, however. I'd barely spent even half of my earnings by the time I got this particular contract, but it meant I could travel in style. Wymingbrooke Inn was a last resort for me. It just so happened to be the last place I could find that looked decent, but i never intended to stay the night. Usually I'd spent my nights in taverns or brothels of a more respective nature, but sometimes you just have to make do.

Does a Bringer ever look at his contracts himself? No. That would breach said contract, but i won't lie and say I've never peaked before. In my younger days, when Bahn had properly employed me, I remember sneaking a look at a letter during my 3rd or 4th job. I've done it a few times actually, but only if the job doesn't seem that important, which Bahn usually gives away in his overall being. He's very easy to read, at least for a Leonian. It can be anything from a military message to a sentimental gift - I once had a look only to find it was a love letter from one man to another. That stuff's frowned upon round here, but I've heard of some lands where such acts are accepted, encouraged even. I, myself, don't much care. Different strokes for different folks.

The terrain was turning darker, until eventually you could start to see the remnants of old barns and mills in the blackened grass. It was time to up my caution, as I was nearing Blackwater.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:46 pm

I looked down at the corpse at my feet, a slight pain in my heart for his death, even with everything the Tall Man claimed he had done. Looking to the Tall Man I pushed off the wall and stepped in front of him, still finding it hard to believe that a human towered over me.

"I know it, and I know the way. But I myself have never wandered that way," I answered. "It is around six days ride from here, four by horse or carriage, but I do not own such things."

"Which way?" the man asked, growling like a mountain bear, bloodlust and battle-frenzy still roaring in his eyes and racing under his skin. I took a step back to allow myself room to move my arm, shield attached, without hitting him and reached into my satchel.

"Take the south road towards Travellers Rest. There is a fork in the road just after the bridge but I know not which road to take from there. I have a map." I fished around in my bag, pushing aside the contents feeling for the folded piece of parchment. It wasn't where it was suppose to be, and I couldn't feel it anywhere. I lifted the satchel and looked inside, pushing everything around. But I could not find the map anywhere.

"Well? the Tall Man growled, folding his arms across his chest. I dropped my satchel and rolled my shoulders, exhaling a sigh of frustration.

"My map is gone, somehow. I cannot tell you which road to take from the fork."

"Thank you anyway," he said, this time without a growl and turned away. I let out another sigh of frustration at losing my map, again. And followed after him.

"So tell me, Tall Man. You sid these men of the Red Cross kill all that spoke against them or stood in their way. How many have they killed?"

"Too many," he growled, not turning to look at me.

"Then I wish to join you in your hunt."

"Why?" This he did turn to look at me.

I gestured at my armour, my sword hanging from my side, and my shield. "I was once a knight of a kind and generous lord. Cruelty, injustice and abuse of power are things I cannot abide by. If these men are truly as evil and dark as you claim, they I wish to bring them penitance and justice."

The Tall Man scoffed. "I'm not plan ning in leaving any of them alive to think of the errors of their actions."

"Then they can be penitent in the Pits."

[Adding something to Damta's character. He has a terrible sense of direction. He knows what directions towns nd places are, he just doesn't know what direction he's facing]
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:56 am

Just as Idis had told, Blackwater was in ruin. A mere graveyard of what it once was, it now resembled a small plain of charred wooden bones, marking the final resting place of a town that used to thrive - so much so, to be exact, due to its many stone mines. I'd heard ghostly stories of them, wher the spirits of the past residents resided. Mostly lies, as most of Blackwater's populous evacuated before they could be hit full force by battle. The stories probably come from bandits and bags residing in the last mining tunnels.
I bared this in mind as I explored the empty plain, looking for anything I could that would provide shelter from the rain. It was now lashing down quite heavily, so it was my priority to find a haven for the night. If I set off early, I could complete the contract by tomorrow evening.
And so I searched.
A rustle in the wiry field grass caught my attention, and I turned to face the source, dipping down low. If I had ears of a dog, they would be firmly raised.
After a moments worth of watching, I saw the culprit. A hare, big for its kind, erupted from the shrubbery in an explosive sprint, darting through the blackened field towards the hills - and the stone mines.
I could never pass a free meal, and the relentless rainfall made shelter in the mines all that bit more tempting, despite he rumours. I drew my bow, and gave pursuit.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:06 am

Sighing, I stomped my way back into the bar, the rainfall growing heavier, drenching my cloak and hair.

"Where is Ravenwall?" I bellowed to no one in particular as I entered, the barkeep and a few others wandering about, picking up tables, avoiding the bodies strewn across the room. Everyone flinched at the sound, glancing fearfully in my direction.

"Up yonder a ways," the barkeep answered after a long pause, no one willing to speak up. His finger pointed off the direction I'd seen one or two people run when I was chasing the soldier.

"Is it on the road?" I asked, wringing out my cloak and turning it around so that the fur was on the inside while the waterproof leather was exposed to the elements.

"If you follow the road thataway until you hit Blackwater, there'll be a fork. Ravenwall is the road to the left," He gave slightly more follow-able instructions, "Shouldn't take a man of your," He paused, looking me up and down, "Stature, long to make it,"

I simply nodded and turned to leave, then remembering the strange payment customs in this land, I turned back and marched up to the bartender, who visibly recoiled, "For your trouble," I said, the words Graves' wife had taught me to use when giving money after doing something that could be construed as damaging. I handed him a small bag of coins and made my way back outside where the cat man was waiting for me.

"Do we have a heading?" He asked, shrugging his armor into position as he straightened up. He was a strange one, all this talk of the innocent and that nonsense. In my land, what he called innocent, we called weak. A weed to be overturned in the field if we were to have our crops. In fact, a visitor to my village, a man by the name of Oren who called himself a Paladin had had similar views to this beast man. Naturally, we'd laughed at him and challenged him to a fight to show the merit in his words. He quite soundly beat several of my better crewmen and a few captains before I got the chance to fight him. Despite his size and weak words, he was strong and wielded a strange light as a weapon, his fists hitting harder than any I'd encountered. Had he not been so strong of fist and weak of body, he might actually have beaten me. After all, what good are you if you can throw a punch but can't take one?

"Thataway," I said, using the bartender's exact word as I pointed up the road.

"Let us advance, then," He said solemnly, but with purpose. I nodded and set off at a steady jog, the rain growing heavier, the darkness encroaching upon us, "Should we not wait for clearer weather and some light?" He asked, matching my pace with ease.

"Why?" I asked, furrowing my brow, "We are not at sea, this is land, it is the same no matter the weather or light,"

"We're likely to be attacked at night, and the poor weather makes traveling hazardous," He responded, sounding slightly confused about explaining it.

"I welcome the challenge," I said, baring my teeth in a wicked grin, relishing the idea of being attacked or facing a challenge. It had been so long since I'd had a good voyage.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:51 pm

The rabbit hustled its way towards the mine, disappearing into the darkness of its mouth. I hesitated at this moment, lowering my bow and weighing up the possibilities. But the rain was relentless, and I wished to be dry. So I followed.
Inside, the mine was a dark and empty place. It gave a creepy atmosphere, one that set me on edge, and I contemplated leaving. There was no way I would find the rabbit in here.
I looked back towards the outside, which only the moon was able to offer a shining light as to where the outside began and the mine ended. Even then, the heavy storm clouds wrestled it behind them, causing for a dazzling display as the moonlight battled its way out of the storm, only to be swallowed up again moments later. And so it went.
I decided this would be my shelter, this space between the outside and whatever laid further on into the mine. I unpacked my sleeping roll and began to settle. I would sit down for no more than ten minutes when I was disturbed by the sudden scuttling of tiny paws.

I turned my head from its gaze onto the open fields outside to be met by none other than the rabbit. It could be a different one, but it didn't really matter at this moment in time. I could just make out its silhouette - the big pointy ears and the stumpy body. It sat in front of me, not even its nose twitching, but looking straight at me as far as i could tell.
My stomach grumbled. I drew my bow.
In the most uncomfortable of positions - twisted round so as not to scare the creature with any sudden moves - I pulled out an arrow and placed it on the rest. Then, i pulled back, steadying my aim, and fired.
There was a small whistle, and then a thud. The rabbit darted off into the darkness again. I cursed it - 'Damn you, vermin!' - watching my meal sink off into the abyss. I needed to pursuit once more.

I spied rocks about the ground i lay, and decided to study them in hopes I could start an ember. To my delight, they were just the right kind. I ripped off a piece of fabric from my undercloak and wrapped it around a stocky, then chiselled two rocks together to start a flame. Suddenly, I had a torch, and the darkness of the mines responded by retreating a few feet back, just far enough for me to see the rabbit. o my utter surprise, it was still standing, a well-aimed arrow sticking straight out of its chest, where its little heart would be.
The animal slumped over, and looked more or less half dead anyway, twitching and shaking, waiting for the end. I pulled out my dagger and began to slowly approach it.
It didn't move - it looked to be in shock - so I placed a firm hand on its body, pinning it down, and prepared for the final blow. What happened next was beyond my understanding.
The rabbit began to grow. It's head began to enlarge,as well as its body, but its ears shrank. as did its paws. It's tiny claws began to splay out and grow into spindly, bony fingers, and the fur on its body simply fell to the ground. It's nose, small and astute, lurched forward, stretching out of its face and, beneath it, human teeth were bared. It all happened so fast.
Before i knew it, I was hunched over an old, naked man, skinny and malnourished, the arrow I shot still plunged into his heart.
I recoiled in surprise, jumping off the man and leaping for my bow.

"What is this magic!?" I exclaimed, drawing an arrow ready to rocket a finishing blow at the shapeshifting man. He, who laid down apparently dying, only looked in my way with piercing eyes before letting out the most blood-curdling, horrific, inhuman scream I had ever heard in my life. I let go of the arrow, and it hit the man in the eye. His head whipped back, smashing on the dirt, and he died.
My chest was beating four times the speed considered normal, and I began to roll up my things and make a hasty leave. A sound much like the sound of a stampede of cattle began to emit from the mines, though it was slighter and more delicate. I didn't wait to see what it was, as it was coming for me. I jumped from the mine and back out into the wild.

My torch didn't last long, simmering down into nothing as soon as I was back in the rain. But all i could think to do was run, as I felt I was being chased.
I risked a look behind me, though it only caused me to break out into sprint. From the mine, I could only make out a blackish mass crawling out of it, with upright protrusions sticking from the top - ears. The mass was made up of rabbits - or whatever those things were - and they were coming for me.
I decided now would be an excellent time to run at my fastest.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:46 am

The later it got, the heavier the rain fell, or so it seemed as we jogged onward. The only sounds accompanying the beast man and I were the slap of our boots on the muddied road and the jingle of his shiny armor; that was all I could hear behind the constant thrum of rain, anyway. It wasn't until we passed into a small town that I slowed my pace, gazing through the sheets of water at what used to be a habitable area. Now all that was left were cinders, the remains of a once fine village.

"What happened here?" I asked out of curiosity. It wasn't like these people to simply raze a town, though it was common practice in my land. These folks kept the villages and houses intact as some sort of trophy, to rule over after their victory.

"I think this is Blackwater," my companion said, squinting his eyes in the downpour. It was then that the slap of feet on wet soil caught our attention, and by our, I mean the beastman's attention. He turned to face the darkness, his ears piqued, "Someone is out there," He said in a low voice, just as the footfalls reached my ears. Out of the darkness figure sprinted toward us, vaulting over a half burned wall and streaking past, a strange thumping noise following him.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:55 pm

"Run!" I heard him call back as he sprinted away into the burned out village, something small ramming into my leg immediately thereafter.

"What in the-" I started, looking down to find a rabbit, larger than most I'd seen, viciously tearing at the hem of my pants. Then, before my eyes, the furry beastling shifted, growing larger, it's hair disappearing and its skin stretching; bones poking at the skin as they changed position and grew in size. The hare was no longer a hare, but a small hairless man, his yellow eyes glowing in the darkness. I'd seen many a beastly man who I would have sworn were part bear, but this, this creature was by far the most unnaturally animalistic being I'd ever seen. Letting out a screeching cry, he dug his long clawed fingers into my ankle, trying to bite through the thick leather with his yellowed fangs. From the darkness around me came a chorus of cries to answer his, and then there were rabbits.

"By the Queen! What matter of curse be this?" I bellowed as the wave of beastmen set upon us, throwing themselves like wolves after prey, transforming midair into their screeching naked human forms. I lost sight of the beastman, who looked more man than beast now, in the frey as I swatted and stomped the creatures away, backing away as fast as I could, but the wave was relentless. I could feel them clawing up my back and my legs, hurling themselves over one another to try to get at my throat, "Tides claim you foul creatures!" I roared, reaching onto my back to grab my axes only to find them absent, instead I was met by one of the rabbit men latching his jaws around my thumb. Fully enraged, I hurled him over my shoulder and into the writhing mass before me.

"Run! There's too many!" I heard the lion man bellow over the throng, the constant downpour combined with the screeching cries made it difficult to hear anything else.

"No honor for cowards!" I responded, lashing out at any beast that came within my reach. They were incredibly fast, most dodging my flailing punches with ease, and even when I did make contact, there were three more to replace their fallen. It wasn't long until they'd formed a circle around me, pacing about just out of my reach, gnashing their teeth and growling at me. I stood, ready for another attack, at the center of their circle, flexing my bloodied fingers, much of my clothes badly torn, blood oozing slowly from my face and head. I could feel more cuts on my back and neck. Suddenly, from the dark throngs came a new figure, staggering toward me, bursting into my 'protected' area, a rabbit man firmly attached to his back, trying desperately to bite his neck while he tried equally desperately to remove him. Growling, I reached out and ripped the creature from his back, freeing the lion man from it's foul grip, letting him recover for a moment. It was now, with this strange beast in my grip, that the masses stopped, quiet falling over us instantly as they stood, waiting, staring intently at their capture ally as it flailed wildly, held firmly above the ground by the back of the neck, "I thought you were running," I snorted at the lion man.

"No honor for cowards," He spat, shrugging his armor back into position while he spun his sword in his grasp, he looked as disheveled as I felt, his mane a knotted mess, blood caking the fur on his face, "Now what?"
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Spitting out some blood Damta looked to the horde of hare-man. They looked and sounded pacified now that the Tall Man was holding their alpha. But Damta didn’t trust that to last. They had to get out of here.

“Do you speak?” Damta said, his voice carrying despite the rain. None answered. Instead they looked at him with cold hungry eyes, then looked back to the Tall Man.

“Do you speak?” Damta tried again. This time none turned to him.

“They are no smarter than beasts,” the Tall Man said, holding the squirming alpha high in the air. Damta looked to him and the creature and nodded.

“We must withdraw. There are too many to fight at this moment.”

“No honour for cowards,” the Tall Man repeated. Damta sighed.

"It is not cowardry, it is tactical. If we can find a better place to fight them that protects our flanks and rear, then I am all for combat. But we have no such defence, and they are too many.”

“I agree with the Leonian,” the man from before said, running up to Damta and the Tall Man and bending over to catch his breath. “Far too many of them, Let’s get out of here.”

Damta looked down at the man, noting his injuries and ripped clothes. He wondered if he would have to tend the man, later in safety, when the man righted himself and let out a big breath, looking to the Leonian Knight.

“Oh,” Damta said, realising it was the man Dyris from the Wymingbrooke Inn. “Hello again.”

Dyris waved and looked to the Tall Man.

“What do you say? Fall back and fight from a better spot? Cause I don’t think even I can outrun this things for long.”

The Tall Man glared at the horde, not saying a thing as the alpha squirmed in his hand. Damta and Dyris waited in silence for several minutes before he looked to them.

“Let us find a better place to fight then.”

Damta nodded and turned, jogging away to find a defensible location. Passing through some houses he felt his heart twinge at the ruins, thinking of the people who once lived here. Were they now the strange hare-men, living as apparent mindless creatures, or had they been victims of the shifters. Damta said a quick prayer for the fallen and lost and pushed further into the village, when he heard a great cry go up behind him. The cry of the hare-man. Turning around Damta raised his sword and shield.

“Blasted Hells!” he cursed running to the noise. As he neared he saw only the horde of creatures, neither the Tall man or Dyris. With another curse he continued to run, picking up speed. As he neared within a few feet of the horde the Leonian roared and threw himself onto the creatures, his armoured mass crushing many and injuring more. Those around him scattered and stopped, stunned. Damta groaned. Landing on bony creatures in plate armour was not gentle. Rolling over he looked for the other two, letting out a breath when he found them.

“What did I miss?”
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:07 am

"This way!" I called out amidst the chaos. The giant reluctantly made haste, crushing one last vermin in his clenched fist, and we went running towards the town ruins. The beasts gave chase, their numbers forming a hellish stampede. We could not outrun them.
As we neared the center of what was left of the town, stone pillars stood high in random outcrops. Remains of churched and other stone relics.

"Climb up something!" I advised, jumping up towards a stone pillar and scrambling up its surface, just escaping the fangs of a hare that sprang up after my toes. The Leonian leapt with one huge, graceful leap, landing softly at the tip of a fallen wooden support beam. The giant took one look around, and turned the nearest pillar into a makeshift club, a fearsome war cry emitting from his inner spirit as he yanked stone from earth.
As the giant weaponised my strategy, sweeping away beasts ten at a time with bone-crushing force, I had at least bought myself and the Leonian some time to think. The rabbit... men, were finding it troublesome reaching us, for despite their impressive jump, they had nothing to grip with. I began to think of ways out, but when I saw a rabbit leap up and transform mid-air into a human to grip the legs of my pedestal, I knew it was time to f*** someone up.
The cleverest of our foes so far met its end by an arrow through the eye socket, sent accurately by the Leonian. I decided I would follow suit and draw my bow. But as I watched the Leonian's archery, I didn't feel I'd be of much use at all.
Still, it was our only option. I drew an arrow and settled it nicely, then pulled back. I peered down, choosing a target, and released my grasp.

Suddenly, there was a blisteringly hot wave of energy exploding from the endless army of beasts. It blinded me slightly, and pushed me back, and I tripped from the pillar. I hit the ground with a thud, only to see the Leonian suffer the same fate, but landing far more gracefully. He only looked at me with a shocked expression. I looked on, the light fading and the dust settling to reveal a small bonfire sitting where I had aimed, and a huge clearing in the enemy forces.
I whipped my head back to the Leonian.

"What in God's earth was that?" I said.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:49 am

I blinked a few times, the flash of light overwhelming me and all of the rabbit men around me. I looked down to find flecks of burning flesh smattering my chest and the creature I currently held. I looked to it in question, its confused gaze falling upon me.

"That was weird," I said flatly. The rabbit creatures appeared to have lost their will to continue and had begun to funnel their way out of the town and off in the direction the man with the exploding bow ran from earlier. I let go of the one I held in my grip, allowing it to scamper off with the rest of its kin. Slowly, I wandered over to my two allies and helped them to their feet, out of the mud. The rain had let up a bit and now only a soft mist fell over us, the moon shining out from behind the cloud cover illuminating the area in a dim gray light. A warm breeze blew from the south, tousling my hair and breathing a warm breath on my wounds.

"How did you do that?" The lion man asked the skinny bowman, brushing mud from his armor.

"I have no idea," He said, staring at the bow in his grip. It looked painfully ordinary and uselessly small in my eyes.

"This day has brought us victory, by what means is little difference!" I said loudly, clapping them both on the back.

"I suppose," The leonean sighed, always the pessimist, this one.

"Let's find some shelter," The bowman said, slinging the bow over his shoulder. It didn't take us long to locate a burned out home with a bit of a roof left, and this is where we settled. The lion man made a fire, albeit smaller than I was accustomed to, and we gathered around it, trying to dry out a little bit after our trek and battle in the rain. I would have to find my axes before we departed, but thus far I hadn't really run into an adversary that couldn't be dealt with without them.

Sighing, I leaned against the wall of the house, closing my eyes and crossing my arms in front of me, I could use some sleep.

And then I woke up, the sun shining, birds chirping, and a morning fire crackling away. The smell of deer filling my nostrils as I sat up from my slumped over position. The leonean and bowman sat by a fire, fresh deer flank resting over it on a spit. I looked down to find my wounds from the previous night had closed, and in fact, it appeared they were gone entirely. My clothes, however, we still torn and full of holes. Frowning, I stood and walked over to the fire, plopping myself down beside my new companions.

"Was it a good hunt?" I asked, drawing their attention.

"Was what?" The bowman asked before realizing what I'd said, "Oh, yeah, first time I've got a decent sized buck in weeks,"

"Excellent," I nodded slowly, eyeing the food hungrily. I did hope they would share, though I would understand if they didn't. If not, I had been much longer without food, I would just wait until an opportunity arose to get some meat.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:03 am

"In all honesty..." I continued, "Our Leonian friend here did most of the hunting." I carved off a mighty piece of the meat, placed it on a stone and shifted in the way of the giant "But I'm a decent cook."

I looked up. I'm glad we had found shelter, as I slept soundly. And today, I felt blessed. The sun shone in such a way that it basked over everything, swallowing it all in warmth and light. It felt peaceful, despite the grim surroundings. But i needed to get going.
I looked over to my bow, which was propped onto a stump and gleaming in the sun. I didn't know what to make of what happened last night, but I knew where to find answers. I needed to get to Ravenwell, then back to Bahn. He gave me this bow so many years ago, and perhaps he knows the strange powers it possessed last night.
Standing, I announced my leave.

"I must go. I don't have much time left to arrive at Ravenwell. I'd say about half a day if I'm quick. You're welcome to join me if that is your path, but I travel fast. If not..." I gave a nod to the strange pair "It's been real."
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:38 pm

I hauled myself up at the invitation, I wanted to see what other wonders this man could perform. Shooting fire was a pretty good start, but it may have just been the beginning. Downing the meat I turned to the lion man, who was hurriedly donning his armor.

"We'll join you, then," He said, finishing up and standing, eyeing the leftover meat. Without invitation, I grabbed the end of the spit and hoisted it up, propping it up over my shoulder. The leonean gave me a nod and we followed the bowman out of our camp, leaving the fire to die out.

Snacking on the meat along the way was one of those pleasures in life you don't get to experience often, and the bowman was right, he was a fantastic cook. We plodded on at a steady pace for the majority of the afternoon before coming to a crossroad where our unofficial leader took pause, glancing at the signs.

"Something is wrong," He said, scanning our surroundings. We'd passed into a forest not an hour ago, it was thick, full of ancient trees and dense foliage. The canopy above shrouded the ground in a constant state of twilight, pollen drifting peacefully through the shafts of golden sunlight that managed to break their way through.

"What?" I asked, looking at the signs, confused as to the holdup.

"Ravenwall is that way," He said, pointing off to the left.

"So? Let us press onward," I suggested, wondering if is senses had taken leave.

"The sign says it's that way," He pointed another direction, "And I know the old Brinewash fortress is just outside the forest,"

"What does that mean?" I asked, still wondering about the holdup. He didn't reply verbally, instead, he pointed to a nearby tree. Upon the bark was nailed a paper flyer, a bit soggy from the rainfall over the night, but clearly identifiable as the coat of arms of the men I sought.

"Chances are, they flipped the signs to lure travelers up toward the fort, I'd bet they've taken it," He explained, the dots connecting in my mind, my vision tunneling. I set off immediately in the direction he'd indicated when talking about the fort. Maybe I would actually make some progress there.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:13 pm

As the barbarian wandered off, some kind of connection between the coat of arms triggering him to do so, I glanced at the Leonian. Like most cats, his face to me showed great indifference. However, I knew of people that had been brought up around Leonians, and that to understand their facial colloquialisms is to learn a new language entirely. Though, even if I did know what the Leonian's face read, I'm sure it would still be that of indifference.

"So, what now?" he asked, almost pressingly, like he was testing my allegiances or something.

"Well," I answered "You and that giant are quite convenient in joining me on this trip, 'cause you both seem to have a way with killing things. That's useful if any things desire to kill me."

"I'm your body guard now, am I?" The Leonian hissed, his tail flicking has he adjusted his stance to a more defensive one.

"More like an escort. And so is he." I added, pointing to the barbarian disappearing off into the tree line by ways of a light jog. I pursued, as did the Leonian.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:49 am

Damta fell in behind Dyris, eyeing the trees around them with a tight grip on his sword. The path they took was wide enough for him to use his bow, but he doubted his time to react should a creature emerge from the trees. Every now and then he would glance ahead, making sure the Tall Man was still in site then turning his gaze back to the trees.

“Dyris.”

“Yeah?”

“This fort we’re going to, what do you know about it?”

Damta listened to the smaller human as he explained everything he knew about the forest, the Leonian noted that the forest was beginning to thin, so drew his bow, nocking an arrow as the two caught up with the Tall Man at the edge of the forest. From there the land continued in a flat grassland for several hundred metres until a rocky outcrop pushed up suddenly from the ground, a grimm-looking fort rising from that. From here Damta could make out men patrolling the walls with the square towers and the wall protrusions were manned.

The fort was well-manned and well-guarded. If Tall Man wanted to get in there, it would not be easy.

Damta walked around the tree Tall Man was standing at and crouched down. The two humans started to talk or argue, while he ignored them. Instead he assessed the fort, the defences, throwing up ideas then knocking them. This went on for several minutes, until the Leonian was happy with a plan that had a low chance of getting the three killed, and a moderate chance of getting in the fort.

Standing up he stepped back around the tree to the two humans.

“I have an idea,” he said loudly, cutting in on their talking. Damta gestured for them to follow him and walked several tree’s into the forest.

“First, we wait for night time. I doubt anyone up there has night vision. While we wait we make a fire, make sure we are not found, then when it gets dark we will use the ash to paint ourselves darker, making us harder to see.”

Around the back of the fort there will be a postern, a smaller gate or backdoor usually used for the leaders of the fort to sneak in or out of. So I doubt it’ll be lightly guarded. I can get us to that point, but it’ll be a slow crawl. Maybe taking all night.”

“What do you two say?”
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 02, 2017 8:33 am

I nodded, satisfied with the plan. However, I raised a pointed finger in objection to one small detail: "If we build a fire," I began, "They're sure to notice. Or at least stumble upon us."

"We will be too far into the wood. We shall be unnoticed." he assured, already setting off in search for an ideal location.

"I don't understand why we have to wait at all!" the giant grumbled, translatable to some degree. He was obviously annoyed to have to sheath his blade for a few hours more.
I knew i had to deliver the letter, but at this point, I was starting to enjoy myself. These are how the stories of the legends and myths were formed.

Nighttime. A fire spat in the middle of a clearing, though barely enough room for the branches to not set alight. The Leonian sat by the fire, soaking up its warmth, while the giant crouched down beneath a tree, looking up to me as I conversed from a tree branch.

"You're pronouncing it wrong, little man! It's really not hard to say!"

"Fine," I spoke back "From now on I'm calling you 'Big'. 'Cause that's what you are. Big."

I didn't know if Big was insulted or just surprised at my outwardness, but his face soon went from shocked to aggravated.

"Then maybe I should call you 'Small'." he huffed.

"I would have no problem with-" i stopped, disturbed by a rustling from the East. I looked down to expect to see the Leonian, but he had already heard. I noticed his shadowy figure, hunched over amidst the shrubbery.
When I listened more intensively, I could hear the faint sound of a small group of men, all heading this way. Weapons clanked at their hips and backs.
I stayed still,frozen a top my perch, and slowly began to draw my bow. I expected the Leonian was doing the same.

But the giant. Big. Where was he to go?

The noises of the gang of soldiers grew, till it became clear that they, too, held a torch, guiding their way through the forest. I began to grow nervous, convinced that Big would be a dead giveaway amidst the light. He must've read my mind, for he then lurched forward, arm first. With a ginormous scoop of his mighty hand, he hurled a blot of dirt onto our fire, suffocating the flame to cinders. It went dark. Pitchblack even. Big's huge frame soon became a faint mass in the darkness of the woods.

The men were now close, around 15 ft away, and had noticed the sudden loss of light. Some instinctively drew their weapons, and the rest soon followed suit. And as they slowly patrolled towards where our camp had been, everything seemed to go silent.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next