Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Wishes [Open]

+2
cyclonecasey
Damxge
6 posters

Go down

Dark Wishes [Open] Empty Dark Wishes [Open]

Post  Damxge Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:29 am

DARK WISHES

Premise
Code:
World War III officially kicked off as a civil war, the second one in American history. During a high-tension election season, militia formed out of the two extreme political parties in the US: The FAR, Free American Republic, and the GR, Global Resistance. Even from the start of the election cycle the two groups became violent, outright attacking political rallies and attempting to kill candidates they disagreed with. They maintained strict “With us or against us” policies and resulted in brutal attacks on innocent people who disagreed with both parties. Thing escalated further when countries from around the globe began to throw their lots in with one party or the other. States were taken in the name of one group or the other, acting now as independent nations within the US, invading territories and growing in number. Eventually the global community saw each party as their own independent group controlling enough territory to warrant military support. At this point, the US became an all-out battleground. Russian, French, English, Australian, German, and Canadian forces all sending troops to the front lines in support or resistance of one party or the other. The battle spread rapidly, the UN breaking down as counties fought one another on American soil, their battles ramping up and moving to their home counties. Even in their own counties, however, civil unrest fueled individuals to join one side or the other, FAR and GR becoming global organizations not restricted to the USA.

Society as a whole broke down entirely, electricity became a rarity, fuel production ceased, and the world ground to a halt. This apocalyptic landscape stretched on for almost fifty years. People struggled to live, returning practically to the middle ages. And then rose the Anti-Terrorism Council from the ashes of civilization. They fought back what remained of the FAR and GR, recruited scientists and maintained an educated populous, returning electricity to hundreds of thousands of people, running water and food. They returned the production of fuels and through a total monopoly of modern production controlled more and more people, allowing them to join their workforce in exchange for a safe place to live and a reliable source of food. All was well for a time, people were assigned to careers and educated, given their rations and a small home to live in. Cities were built around refineries and production centers, sporting thriving populations. The influence of the ATC was worldwide, controlling every aspect of life, from jobs, to production, to medicine and science. By the time anyone realized their end goal, it was far too late. They had taken an unshakable stranglehold on the world. Children were forced into labor jobs sooner and sooner, safety and quality of life became lower and lower, people died by the droves in factories and were simply discarded. Cities stretched on for hundreds of miles, growing rapidly as population skyrocketed, natural food became more and more scarce, replaced by synthetics designed by the ATC’s RnD teams. The ATC only hiring people from “Royalty”, or trusted families, perpetuating the stagnant Dirt Class of citizen. There was no way to escape the filth into which you were born. You worked, you suffered, you died.

All resistance to the ATC was crushed instantly, their technology far outpacing the capabilities of any rebel groups that formed. Even a perceived slight against the ATC would have you blackbagged, never to be heard from again. Their military was global and powerful, kept in place by total surveillance, remote controlled death machines acting as agents, controlled from afar by ATC loyal technicians, used to wipe out any resistance in its infancy. This oppression stretched on for several hundreds of years, nothing changed, nothing evolved, the ATC only growing more and more powerful.

Somehow, however, a small pocket of rebels managed to form. They were crushed multiple times, only to reform on the other side of the globe to make another attempt at hindering the ATC. After years of struggling to find their feet, the rebels managed to put together a successful assault on a secret government development facility used to develop security technology. They managed, despite heavy losses, to get inside of the facility and steal a hefty amount of experimental technology. As they fled, they used a piece of government technology, an anti-matter bomb, to obliterate the facility and much of the city around it. They took refuge in an underground hospital, long sealed away and seemingly unknown to the totalitarian ATC. Here they experimented with the stolen technology, finding one of their prizes to be particularly useful. It was a CATscan like machine that when entered would allow the user to hear voices. Not just a single voice or a collection of voices, but every voice. Several of the rebel leaders went mad while inside the machine, hearing voices even after exiting it, leading them to gruesome suicides. It was from here that the rebel scientists developed software to aid in sorting and focusing on the voices. The interest in the device became and obsession, the seven leaders of the rebel cause became known as the Dark Watch, their army, the Watchmen. They used their control over the information market to guide their men in strikes against the ATC, destroying key facilities, decimating their mechanized army, and driving them out of huge portions of the globe.

It was when the ATC were finally on the run that the Dark Watch were dealt a heavy blow. While no one is certain whether it was a freak accident or the ATC finally caught up to the Watch, the Dark Watch disappeared. Their armies were left without command and were easily driven back and defeated without their leadership. All of the ground the Watchmen had gained over the years was overturned in the course of only a month. Because the Dark Watch were so secretive regarding their machine and their other technologies no one knew where they were, how they’d commanded their armies, or how they’d known the things they had known. All hope was crushed and the world returned to its desperate state.

Now, hundreds of years after the defeat of the Watchmen, the ATC rules with absolute supremacy once more, their grip over every aspect of life stronger than ever. The five major cities of the world are in a constant state of decay, buildings crumble and are replaced, smog coats the skies, and death blankets the streets. Gangs of thieves roam the narrow streets, overshadowed by the towering skyscrapers that reach into the heavens on every block. They kill and take what they want, hunted constantly by ATC soldiers and drones who are equally brutal. Killing anyone they even suspect of any sort of treason or crime. It is in this dark time that a new group reached out from the shadows, calling themselves the Coded Blades, or just the Blades. It was now, on the hundredth anniversary of the disappearance of the Dark Watch that they made themselves known, spreading dark tomes to the population of the cities. Once one was in possession of the book, all they had to do was speak the words written on the inside cover to summon to them a Blade who would kill anyone they desired. The words were changed each time the books were relocated to keep anyone from cashing in too many wishes. The few who knew stories of the Dark Watch drew some similarities between the Blades and the old Watch, but no degree of certainty was available.

The ATC were quick to respond, seizing an opportunity in which one of the Dark Tomes came into their possession. They set up a trap for whomever would respond to the call and summoned them forth. A detachment of fifty soldiers and two dozen drone units awaited the arrival of the Blade, only to be set upon by multiple shadowy figures wielding technology no one had ever seen. Only one soldier was left alive, presumably to spread the details of the failed ambush. Since then the ATC have attempted other attacks, but they have all met similar fates. With the fear of the ATC coupled with this new threat, the people have become restless and skittish. Anyone could be a target of the Blades, and the ceaseless hunt for the order by the ATC has spread new terror to the population. The intentions of the Blades remains unknown, as no payment is ever taken in exchange for the contracts they offer seemingly at random.

More Information on the Dark Wishes World
Elaborate Backstory
The Five Cities
Audientis, The Listener
The ATC (Anit-Terrorism Council)
The Blades

Character Template
Code:
Name:
Weight:
Build:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Face Description:
Body Description:
Back Story:
Possessions:
(Remember, the people are suppressed and have very few personal possessions. Weapons are strictly forbidden, so any weapons are makeshift.)

RP Rules and Guidelines
Code:

- Firearms are relatively rare and only police/soldiers will have them for the biggest part of the game.

- You may be given a Coded Text over the course of the story, but you cannot give it to yourself.

- If you find yourself in possession of a Coded Text, you may not order a hit on another player.

- Even if you REALLY want to, please don't godmod.

- There is not a supernatural aspect to this game, no dragons, pixies, or things of that nature.

- No sociopath characters or things of that nature.

- You must keep your character(s) within the city limits, we won't be exploring the world in this RP.

- Parts of the story are kept intentionally vague, don't be afraid to venture out and write independently, I'll reign it in if it goes a direction I don't want.

- There is a Facebook group chat for this RP, if you'd like to be added, please contact either Cyclone Casey or myself through PM here on ExRPG.

- RP related conversations will be restricted to either the Facebook chat or this thread, please do not post out of character in the RP thread. (This was an issue previously, posts that violate this rule will be deleted).

- If you're not sure where to go, just ask what everyone else thinks. There's no harm in getting a little input.

Players

Damxge (Kaun Sil)
Spoiler:

CycloneCasey (Hope)
Spoiler:

Blondie (Kyrie)
Spoiler:

Tomyh (Dale Harrison)
Spoiler:

The Skooglie (Louis Tomlinson)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Damxge on Mon May 15, 2017 4:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Dark Wishes [Open] Empty Re: Dark Wishes [Open]

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:03 am

This sounds WAAAAAAY too complicated to be a Beginners Role Play... I'd a said Expert!

Name: Hope (she can't remember ever hearing her last name)
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 65 kg
Build: Tall, thin, and curvy
Hair Color: Dirty blonde/mousy brown
Eye Color: Dark green
Face Description: Hair comes down to her bum and is often worn in a loose plait. She has a thin face with deep set eyes, dark with eyeshadow, plumb lips with a scar on the upper lip, and a spit tongue (cruel and unusual punishment).
Body Description: Taller than the other girls she knows and still has a lot of curve from being taken care of. She wears a ragged white dress with no shoes, but over the years she's stolen plenty of nice clothes and such from work, a lot of which she sells so she can eat.
Back Story: Her parents tried really hard to hide her and keep her locked away so she wouldn't have to suffer the hardships of this god awful world. They managed to keep her safe and relatively happy until the age of 13; when they suddenly went missing and Hope was put to work with needles and threads.
Possessions: A coin on a necklace given to her by her Parents the day they disappeared, some nice clothes, and two makeshift knifes made from a pair of dressmaking scissors.

Spoiler:

(How's this?)

Last edited by cyclonecasey on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Name: Kyrie (Her actual name is unknown)
Height: 5' 5" (Five foot five inches)
Weight: 61 kg (61 kilograms)
Build: Short and lean.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Face Description: Hair goes down to the end of her shoulder blades, is often worn in a low ponytail, eyes have a hollow effect, has lips the same colour as her skin tone and a scar under her left eye.
Body Description: Had trouble growing, yet her food intake caused her to be quite light, she is wearing a knee high pale mousy brown dress which has been ripped, white stockings that were at her thighs and have been dirtied and ripped down to her knees and is also wearing worn down black shoes.
Back Story: Unknown due to her temporary memory loss
Possessions: A hatchet and a necklace with a lock charm

Last edited by Agrapeinthesun on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:00 pm

So, you way about as much as the worlds fattest cat? 20 kilograms? Seriously?
I weigh about 70!
The average skeleton alone weighs about 20 pounds (kilograms) and makes up 15% percent of your total weight.
46 pounds is roughly the same weight as a 4 year old CHILD... BE REALISTIC!!!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Name: Dale Harrison
Height: 5"6
Weight: 60
Build: Thin with faint muscle
Hair Color: Light grey
Eye Color: dark brown
Face Description: thin and long face, short spiked hair, two large scars (one from his hairline to his mouth, one from his ear to his eye).
Body Description: thin and lean from the lack of food, but with faint muscle from working in the foundry. He wears a soot stained, white long sleeve shirt, rolled up to the elbows; a pair of battered blue jeans, leather gloves, a pair of welding goggles and a dark grey bandana around his neck which covers his mouth.
Back Story: Dale was forced into work at a small factory when he was three, but his father died when he was seven he took his place at the foundry, growing up quickly to support his mother and sister.
Possessions: an old battered pocket watch, a old rusty piece of metal and antique cross necklace.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:59 am

This is Beginner?
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:31 am

OMG STOP YELLING AT ME> Seriously?

I can be realistic and as a fact 46kg is the weight of an average ten year old.
Height adds onto weight.
Not only did she eat rarely but enough to live, but had trouble growing, but I see where your coming from so I'll fix that.

I'm about 5' 8" or 5' 9". I'm 12 and my average weight would be at least 50kg.
Add on my height and I'm 71kg.
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:50 am

Yes, understandable... But you wrote 46 POUNDS!!! Which is the equivalent of 20 Kilograms if you wrote 46 KILOGRAMS it would be a little more believable (even though still a slight stretch!)
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  The Skooglie Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 am

Name:Louis Tomlinson
Height:6 foot
Weight:80
Build:slim but strong
Hair Color:red
Eye Color:black
Face Description:a thin bony face with sunken eyes and high cheek bones showing and a ghostly face
Body Description:he is slim and toned he works with rocks each day and remains thin and weak.
Back Story:Louis was abandoned by the side of the road just after he was born and a worker found him and gave him to the company and after much delegation he was given to one of the wives and hes been working there for the rest of his life.
Possessions:being abandoned means he has nothing but his pride, and some sharp peaces of rock he has made and stolen.
(Remember, the people are suppressed and have very few personal possessions. Weapons are strictly forbidden, so any weapons are makeshift.)
The Skooglie
The Skooglie
Accepted
Accepted

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:16 am

I posted to get things rolling again. The assumption is that Dale (Dyl) read the book and summoned Kaun, so that should get his story rolling.

Hope will be in a storeroom or something of that nature getting some new clothes for herself and Alys, so that's where you can pick up, Casey.

Hopefully the post is enough to kickstart the RP again. I'll have to come up with a new storyline since I don't recall the old one I had in mind and the file I had it written in is long gone.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 am

C'mon peeps. I wanna plaaaay
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Then post! I've left it pretty open for you and with a general direction we're headed. I took your idea of using the apartment complex owner as the target since Dyl isn't able to actively participate at the moment. Just don't kill him if you start writing about him, he'll be important later on.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:08 am

He's able, just unwilling
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon May 15, 2017 4:06 am

Posted links to the extra lore I've come up with if anyone is interested in checking them out. They're just google docs for each topic I felt was important to go over. I'll be adding more later as I think of stuff I'd like to incorporate into the world.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Dark Wishes [Open] Empty [WIP]

Post  LordTomyh Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:59 pm

Name: Siarl Beynon

Height: 5'7

Weight: 58 kg

Build: Lean

Hair Color: Blonde

Eye Color: Stormy blue

Physical Description:

Back Story: [NAME] was employed at a young age as a messenger boy, running archaic letters or packages, and in his free time he practiced parkour and finding creative ways to get around the city to help with his job. And to have some fun. At the age of 14, he was orphaned when a fire gutted his apartment block, and he had no one else to take him in. However, by a fluke of luck, he was believed dead by the government, meaning he wasn't sent off to another sector. Now free he took to the streets, stealing what he needed to survive. And growing up off the grid and on the streets [NAME] has seen the evil companies, business owners and the such have done to the people. Now [NAME] is contemplating what to do.

Possessions:

LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum