Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iLiB - Infinite [Open]

5 posters

Go down

iLiB - Infinite     [Open] Empty iLiB - Infinite [Open]

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 5:11 pm

As a starting note, I'd like to inform anyone interested in playing this game that it is loosely based on the popular anime Naruto and it's world. While none of it's characters carry over into this role play, the mechanics and workings of it's world do. This is also an "alternate universe" style RP, where none of the events of the anime/manga actually occurred (or maybe they did?). This allows anyone participating to take liberties they might not be able to under the strict lore/mechanics of the anime/manga. IF you have a problem with this, then it's best you don't participate. This also means that any characters created previously CAN technically be played, even if they were killed off, but it also means that they may not even exist, it's up to the player. It also means that people who have played in the iLiB series in the past can alter the lore of their characters to better suit them or make changes without much reason, such as personality/ability changes. This is all in the name of making the game more creative and reach further into creating our own world.
And so, without further ado, I present:

iLiB - Infinite     [Open] EloLgYm
in Life in Blood - Infinite
(Or iLiB-8, as I will be marketing it.)

--Premise--
Ninja. Legendary fighters who pledge themselves to a powerful warlord, or remain rogue, terrorizing the lands they inhabit like a plague of wolves. They have existed for as long as records have been kept, sporting powers most could never dream of. Shaping the flame, carving the air, charming the water, and molding the earth; with hand signs called Jutsu that call on powerful reservoirs of energy inside of the individuals, energy known as Chakra.
For many years these lands have been torn. Warlords and armies of their followers sweeping over the lands, only to recede as the next, more powerful wave sweeps over them, taking command for a brief time, before eventually seceding to the next upstart. The man with the most ninja at his disposal rules the lands with an iron fist, warring with his competitors and crushing those who speak against him. But times are changing. Many groups control similar amounts of ninja. Despite varying skills, their power levels check one another, cancel each other out. And so a great standoff has begun. Five lords with five armies, controlling five different lands, vying for total control. Each striving to develop their own ultimate weapons to use against their enemies.
Who shall win remains a mystery, even to the monks in the central mountains, who claim to know the future through meditation and alignment to the natural chakras.

--Characters--
Damxge - Shiku Gyu
Spoiler:

Conor - Rom Sung aka The Rain Dragon
Spoiler:

LordTomyh - Tei Tatsumaki of the Red Sands
Spoiler:

--Character Sheet--
Spoiler:

Feel free to sign up, I'll probably start this in a day or two and start writing for  my own personal fulfillment, regardless of if anyone else wants to play. And, as always, if I missed anything or if any questions need answered, go ahead and comment, I don't bite.

Last edited by Damxge on Sun May 08, 2016 3:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

iLiB - Infinite     [Open] Empty Re: iLiB - Infinite [Open]

Post  Conor Fri May 06, 2016 7:51 pm

Name: Rom Sung aka The Rain Dragon
Apparel: Rom tends to wear a special armour that provides both protection and agility. Covering his torso is dark blue Dō armour, with similar armour protecting his shoulders, forearms and knees. Underneath his armour he wears a simple grey tunic and trousers, with two-toed pumps on his feet. He also wears a straw kasa on his head and, when in battle, this half-mask: iLiB - Infinite     [Open] 90c21326ca28bbc225e3aa5adc250fe6
Weapons: Primary weapon - Two rope darts strapped to each wrist and covered by sleeves.
Secondary weapon - A short blade concealed on the inside of the front of Rom's chest piece.
Fighting style: Rom uses a mixture of water jutsu and advanced ninjutsu to take down his targets with speed and finesse.
Physical Appearance: Rom is tall and well-built. His face is scarred under the right eye, and his nose is short and straight. His hair is a dark blue, extremely long and usually tied up. He gazes with eyes of sapphire.
Personality: Rom is a troubled man, consumed with plots of revenge and uprising. Rarely does his mind wander from his main goal, but when it does Rom can seem blatant and outspoken.
Bio: Rom is from a small coastal village from the warm South. Because the small community relied heavily on the sea and rain, water jutsu were naturally integrated into daily life. Thus, Rom studied the art of jutsu heavily, but was actually set on being an artist from an early age. His early life was spent running his father's fish mongers, indulging in his creative abilities and studying jutsu.
But as with many, the war eventually spread its plague to Rom's village. As a strong, but young man, he was spared and imprisoned. His captors would have him work as a slave on a farm in the East for three years.
Eventually, however, Rom built up a resistance within the slave camp and successfully escaped with his life. He acquired the dragon mask from a friend he lost the day of the escape.
A few years older and a changed man, Rom headed back South alone, reaching the remains of his village another two years later. From the trees that had grown from the ashes of his village, he began to singlehandedly build another. By the time Rom had turned 20, he succeeded. Then left. He then headed North, into the mountains, and began the life he lives today. Haunted by his war-torn journey into adulthood, Rom dedicated his life to a neutral cause - to kill anyone he can to stop the war, and to begin another revolution.
Now, at the age of 28, Rom has become the notorious Rain Dragon, a deadly assassin that drowns his prey in their sleep.

Rom's village is still standing, and abandoned.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Fri May 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Name: Tai Tatsumaki of the Red Sands

Apparel: Wears a red haori with armoured shoulders over a chain-mesh vest, a long sleeved blue silk shirt, a samurai tasset over a pair white pants with metal plates over the knees and shins

Weapons: A katana and wakizashi

Fighting style: Tei relies on his speed and his wind jutsu to get in close to the enemy and devastate them with his Wind Vortex Cannon's and blade work before getting out of combat before the enemy can retaliate or strike back. In longer fights he strikes fast, doing little damage then avoiding enemy strikes while wearing the opponent down.

Physical Appearance: Tall and lean at 5'9 with smooth fair skin, spiked red hair and bright blue eyes full of mirth.

Personality: Despite the war Tei is upbeat and cheerful, always with a smile on his face; he'll chat and banter with anyone, even his enemies, and opponents in combat. Tei can be quite childish and mischievous, loving to pull pranks and set traps, but he can be serious when the situation calls for it.

Bio: Tei is one of the last of his clan, the Tatsumaki of the Desert Mesa's. When he was young his father murdered his mother in front of the young boy, only fpr Tei to stab him in the back and let him bleadd to death. Since then the clan has moved from place to place, offering their services as warriors and ninjas to whoever could afford them. At the age of 1 Tei met and fell in love with Kitsune Hatake, and the pair soon had a young daughter Sai.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 11:25 pm

Name: Shiku Gyu

Apparel: Shiku is clad in thick cream colored cargo pants and a simple red long sleeve shirt with his clan's logo emblazoned on the front in black, the symbol a simple circle with a line across it and a line behind it, parallel to the first. On his feet he wears black leather boots. Covering his hands are a pair of plated gauntlets, the fingers tipped in claws, ornate carvings scrawling across the plate, depicting what resembles dragons. Covering his face he wears a solid gray metal mask with his clan symbol etched into its front, more stylized than the symbol on his shirt with more attention to detail.

Weapons: Shiku primarily uses his gauntlets but carries a stock of throwing knives as well.

Fighting style: Being a member of the Gyu, Shiku has an affinity for technical jutsus, mostly those involving sound and chakra manipulation. He hurls sound as his weapon, the "blades" don't cut like traditional blades, they instead hemorrhage and crush the internal organs of those he attacks, showing only heavy bruising. This technique is deadly on it's own, but when combined with his up close and personal fighting style, it becomes increasingly formidable.
Shiku also uses sound to disable his enemies to make them easier to take down. Using sound to impair their sight and hearing as well as their balance. Being completely blind, he is almost completely immune to fog, sand, and other vision based attacks.

Physical Appearance: Shiku stands five feet, eleven inches tall and has a slightly top heavy athletic build. He's relatively pale due to the fact that he rarely ventures outside without his full gear set and mask. His unruly hair falls about his face in solid black strands, obscuring the dark eyes of the Gyu atop high set cheekbones and a strong jaw. His thin lips hide pearly white teeth, a few of which are broken, along with his crook nose which points slightly to the left.

Personality: Firm and decisive with a militaristic outlook on the world. To do as you're told is to honor your family. While most Gyu are conditioned from a young age not to seek social interaction with anyone, Shiku is drawn heavily to women and anyone with a war story, making friends with girls and their soldier fathers as his clan travels from town to town. When it comes to battle he is cold and feels nothing for the enemy, allowing him to be extremely effective in battle.

Bio: Shiku was "born" to the Gyu clan. And by born, he was created through the infusion of chakra into living cells extracted from the Gyu statue, an ancient creature that lives high in the northern mountains, the mother of the sightless clan, a mother with enough eyes to see the whole world, for this reason, the Gyu say, they do not need sight, for the mother sees for them. And so it seems, because Shiku cannot remember a time when he could not see using the chakra around him.
From birth forward, Shiku was trained as all boys, to be a soldier of the Gyu. Heartless, precise, and with undying loyalty to the Clan.
It wasn't until he was fifteen that he was sent into battle for the first time, against a force of slavers that had moved into the small town shadowed by the mountains where the Gyu lived. It was then that the Gyu made a move, a grab for power, and pushed out of the mountains with the small force that they have.
While more skilled than most Clans, their lack of numbers was their undoing and they were forced back into the mountains, suffering heavy losses, after taking only a small amount of land from the forces sweeping across the continent. It is here that they wait, crafting weapons and developing skills to be used when they once again make a move for power.
Shiku was one of the few young ninja who survived and made it home, and there he has remained, defending against the parties of ninja sent up into the mountains to scout and grab unclaimed territory. Although he does what he is told, he feels he could do more out in the world, and is training hard to become the first Gyu assassin.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Fri May 06, 2016 11:50 pm

Damxge wrote:making friends with girls and their soldier fathers

Shocked xD If Sai was older I'm sure this would be how Shiku would meet Tei xD
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Sun May 08, 2016 8:14 am

You guys went with the originals eh?
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun May 08, 2016 1:45 pm

As much as I'd like to come up with a completely new character, I really wanted to develop Gyu's powers a lot more, and creating a new character of the same clan was a good way to do that while still playing as a fresh character.

And on a sidenote, I posted the RPing thread if y'all want to post. Unfortunately, I'll be working a double tomorrow and probably won't post anything until late Monday.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Sun May 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Though, I highly doubt I'll ever join this I just wanted to compliment they way you've set up the RP thread; with the synopsis and list of characters right there instead of having to follow the link to another thread. Love that.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun May 08, 2016 1:53 pm

I'm glad you like it! It's the format I usually follow with my RPs. Makes it easy for anyone to just swing by and see what the game is about, who's playing, what kind of characters there are, and just generally snoop without being forced to expend a large amount of effort.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Sun May 08, 2016 1:59 pm

Yeah, I think you've just upgraded. Like, I remember links and a small list of character being pretty par for the course but now it's full on character sheet and everything. So user friendly xD
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun May 08, 2016 2:10 pm

A lot of people seem to think that just having the basic story and a character template are plenty for a main post, and that's true if you're just doing something simple or shortlived, but when making something that you hope will endure for a while, it's important to have as much information accessible with as little effort as possible. So like the names of characters, full character sheets so you don't have to scroll for pages to figure out what that one guy's personality is like before you introduce your character to him. I also like to include any big important informational type stuff in the head post as well so that people don't have to ask others or jump from topic to topic.
It makes it easier, not only for the players, but for others who are interested in joining and want to know what's going on.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Wed May 11, 2016 7:03 am

iLiB - Infinite     [Open] E0irh6y

Drew Rom
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun May 15, 2016 6:23 pm

That's a beast drawing dude.

Also, I hope I'm writing everyones' characters to everyones' liking. I wasn't sure on the appearances of your clanmates, Dyl, so I left that up to you to describe.

I'd like to move the story a couple days, so feel free to skip ahead a little, whoever posts next Happy
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Conor wrote:Dyl needs to post, but if he doesn't I will to keep this epicness flowing. iLiB shall live on!

As I said Conor, trying to write something that is good, that captures the 'epicness'
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:22 pm

At this point in time a simple post to drive the story on would suffice. You're a good combat writer dude, do some of that and consider it practice?
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  magmagruntkennedy Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:55 am

Alright, so what have we got here then?
Like it's another iLiB to play up, which is always good. So explain to me what this one is centering around. Is everyone making new characters and leaving the old ones out or are we somewhat involving the others? Because I could go either way.
magmagruntkennedy
magmagruntkennedy
Unknown
Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:51 am

It's up to you entirely. Use your old character, use an edited version of it, or make a new one, whatever you like.

This is also much further in the past, ninja are less widespread, a lot of people are simple soldiers rather than ninja, so a lot of ninja are looked at as gods, most organized groups outside of the big clans (Who we've begun naming after the original Naruto nations for simplicity.) are warlords and reign over small holds and fight among one another, or join these much larger clans.

It's also far more open than the previous ilib. More open world, do as you please, kind of play. Conor and I are working on our story at the moment while Dylan is kind of on the sideline (Mostly due to his inactivity of late, but I'm sure he intends on being more involved.) You can join in on that or go off and do your own thing, or just touch base once in a while.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  magmagruntkennedy Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Here's an interesting thought. Perhaps, since you're a Gyu again, there could be some reincarnation going on? If not, then it's no trouble for me to whip up a new character, but I figured I'd put that out there.
magmagruntkennedy
magmagruntkennedy
Unknown
Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:04 pm

Tomyh is playing as a carbon copy of Tei, so you can play as whomever you like. I went with Gyu because I like the abilities I came up with for Cagi, but I wanted a different personality and character overall. Conor has hinted at his previous character as well.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  magmagruntkennedy Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Cool. I'll just revamp Mika into a new body and tweak her personality a bit then. Gimme a min to do the profile.
magmagruntkennedy
magmagruntkennedy
Unknown
Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum