Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Not-Jedi Star Wars RP?

5 posters

Go down

A Not-Jedi Star Wars RP?  Empty A Not-Jedi Star Wars RP?

Post  Chavvy Tue May 10, 2016 6:57 am

Everyone remembers the cantina scene from a new hope, right? (If not, f*** you, you don't exist anymore). We see a wretched hive of scum and villainy, but really, its just a bunch of folk gathering from all corners of the galaxy who've probably hit on hard times with the transition of the senate to the empire, where the draws of the criminal world are far more tempting than picking a side in the fight.

What I'm proposing is an rp based on these kinda people. The idea would be a group of smugglers, going round in a beat up post-clone wars ship, shifting dodgy goods from one planet to the other, and all the shenanigans in-between. Period-wise, I'd be looking in that 18 year stint between Episode 3 and 4, when the rebellion is in its infancy, and Uncle Owen is giving delicious blue milk to a young Luke before going to sand school or some sh*t. We could be fighters, we might not be.

Obviously, there would be a few roles that would have to be filled to make this work, so probably at least 3/4 to make it work. We would certainly need two pilots (or a pilot/co-pilot), and a couple of mercenaries to ensure the trades go smoothly. None would HAVE to be human, so it would be totally up to you how your character looks, behaves, believes, and fights, hell, it doesn't even have to be an existing race if you have a really good idea! As long as they are able to work within the team, it'd be fine.

So obviously, this may need a little planning, I don't even know whether to start an actual storyline, or do it in the chapters format (mission to mission, with people taking it in turns to set them). So any input you can give, thatd be great. I'd be hoping to launch this when theres a couple more people knocking about.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

A Not-Jedi Star Wars RP?  Empty Re: A Not-Jedi Star Wars RP?

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 9:29 am

I'm game dude. I'd love a star wars game without the force/jedi getting in the way.

I would suggest a chapter format, but do it in a manner that the chapters are basically their own RPs by themselves. Put a lot of thought and effort into them before putting them through. Which means leaning more to a chapter developed by all those involved rather than one guy going "Dis out mission boiz" and then everyone else going "Ew whatever mate". Make it so that people don't lost interest in a chapter and quit any further chapters.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 10:00 am

You lost me... However, I'm totally down for a Star Wars RP
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 2:19 pm

He lost you or I lost you?
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 2:24 pm

You did. Sorry, the whole chapter thing and almost separate RPs thing. Sound complicated and reminds me of the Murder RP, and that didn't go that great.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 2:25 pm

What I mean is instead of taking turns being in charge, we instead discuss what the next mission should be and structure it in a manner that everyone will be happy. It avoids issues that arose with the Murder RP where people get bored with certain chapters and drop out entirely.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Oh I see, that makes more sense. Yeah, that's good.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Tue May 10, 2016 4:05 pm

I'm in.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Of course you are. I'm gonna use the dollmaker to make a character
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 4:41 pm

So if we get, say, five people into this, would you be open to starting it immediately, Chav?
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 5:05 pm

We need more people!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 10, 2016 9:27 pm

I'd be happy to start it immediately if the interest is there.

As regards to chapters, Ive had an idea at the end of every mission, there be a set of directions we could go. Say for example:

You have delivered the shipment to Henrek the Hutt in the criminal underbelly of Onderon. He has offered you the opportunity to deliver a shipment of DC-15 rifles to a small manderlorian clan on a neighbouring moon. Do you

- Accept the offer, and deliver the goods, despite the risks the mandalorians pose.
- Accept the offer, but take the rifles for yourself, risking bounty from the hutts in the chance of getting a higher price
- Decline the offer, and try and find something else.

And just leave it for a poll of something in the signup thread or something. Think the only other thing I'd need to sort is the ship, I feel it needs to have something about it rather than just being box standard. Maybe a mechanic character has modified it or something?
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Sounds good to me. I'd still like for there to be more people, but that's just in general.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Wed May 11, 2016 3:08 am

I would totally be down for playing a pilot or mercenary.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu May 12, 2016 7:44 am

I guess we've got the people, now we've gotta just quickly pick a ship! I've found two likely candidates for the sorta time period we're aiming for:

The Marauder-class Corvette - Would have been acquired in an empire hi-jacking doing the weak period of order 66. With all eyes on the Jedi, it was easy to acquire this vessel whilst troopers were at the planet below, given that these are more a support vessel. usually manned with around 4/6 soldiers, a quick hack of the airlock was all that was needed from the outside, and to pick of the remaining soldiers inside. The heat from the robbery has died down since then, since the empire decommissioned these vessels in favour of cheaper alternatives. Will have been modified, as alot of the weaponry would not be needed by smugglers, making room for hidden sections to hide illicit goods, though not much room for large cargo, but makes up for in accommodation.

The CR90 Corvette - Would have been liberated on the surface. This once belonged to a rodian smuggler crew, and being opportunistic, we took it straight out of the spaceport before they could drink up at the cantina. These being a favourite for smugglers, it would be hard for the original owners to tell that it was their ship, though a new paintjob and ship id were sorted just incase. The ship is kitted out more for transport of good than living accommodation, though there's enough to go around.

It is either these, or I'll work on an original ship for what we need.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Thu May 12, 2016 4:21 pm

I'm leaning more towards the CR90 because it's smaller and according to the wiki it needs a minimum crew of 7 compared to the Marauder's 52.

I'm personally like the design and look of the CR90 more (I mostly dislike the wings on the Marauder) and I'm also biased because this was the first Star Wars ship, so to fly one in a sense is awesome.

So that's 1 vote for the CR90
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu May 12, 2016 7:09 pm

Just a sidenote: The Marauders crew was mainly for weapon operation, with alot not needed such as tractor beams, that would be stripped out to maximise storage, so would imagine would only take three to actually run the thing day to day, and a few extra to maintain and operate weaponry.

I've decided to design a third ship, based on the old republic freighter (I'd say the Ebon Hawk, but there were thousands of these back then, ebon hawk was just modified) and just bring it up to date. I should have it up in a few hours.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Thu May 12, 2016 8:12 pm

A Not-Jedi Star Wars RP?  Latest?cb=20100924193231

Is the one you're talking about? It looks like the Millennium Falcon.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu May 12, 2016 8:38 pm

A Not-Jedi Star Wars RP?  Latest?cb=20100514142457&path-prefix=cs

Im doing something based on that, just making it more sleek, and less boxy. Doing an internal too just so it gives a rough idea of the layout.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Fri May 13, 2016 12:32 am

Whatever's practical. Just put a pic of the ship and its stats on the signup thread please.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Mon May 16, 2016 6:44 am

Sorry its late

Sorry its later than I said it would be, and that its not really a to scale drawing. As you can see, it is based on the ebon hawk, though I've tried to streamline it, I will work on a better image when I get chance. Anyway, some basic stats and features to help explain it a little.

Size (approx): 40m long, 30m wide (at widest point), main chamber roughly 22m both ways.
Maximum speed (excluding FTL travel): 855km/hour
Armament:
- Twin revolving turbolaser cannons to port and starboard sides. Can lean up from mounting to 30 degrees.
- Two fixed forward facing heavy cannons attached underneath cockpit.
- Revolving heavy cannon on top of ship, can lean up to 15 degrees from mounting.
- Four concealed repeating blasters under hull (part of security system when docked)
Features:
- Durasteel reinforced hull, With extra plating over the cockpit, port and starboard "wing" sections, and over the back portion.
- Class II hyperdrive, rigged to two condensed engines, modified to exert extra force to give it an edge among other smuggling vessels.
- Shield generators capable of absorbing light cannon fire.
- Built in navigational computer, capable of piloting the ship to set co-ordinates, and basic evasive manoeuvres.
- Collapsible section over cargo hold for easier loading of large goods. Cargo hold fills the starboard wing, and starboard side of main chamber, with main access between galley and starboard wing)
- All basic necessities to accommodate up to 8 crew members, including common area (main chamber), shower room (rear portside of common area), kitchen area (in galley to cockpit), and bunkroom (in port "wing").
- Secure room (accessed from gally) features small armoury, collapsible medical bay, life support systems and access to security features and weapon camera feeds (for ease of operation)
- Small port in cockpit for utility/astromech droid.

Required crew (to run the ship): Pilot, co-pilot, mechanic (unless co-pilot is capable), and gunner during combat situations (two ideally for efficiency).

Hows that sound?

Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 17, 2016 8:47 am

Just a note: I've made a sign up thread for this now if you wanna join it!

https://extremerpg.rpg-board.net/t465-star-wars-rogue-traders
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 17, 2016 11:00 am

Done, sorry for the lame backstory. Really couldn't think of anything Confused
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum