Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Godforsaken Land [No signup Required]

+2
PMD3
Damxge
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Godforsaken Land [No signup Required] Empty A Godforsaken Land [No signup Required]

Post  Damxge Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 am

You are on a delta flight headed to Florida. Your family is already down there, but you had to stay home a bit longer for school. Somewhere over a body of water, the plain begins to shudder violently. It rocks up and down, the fasten seat belts lights come on with that annoying bing sound. The flight attendants vacate the restrooms and buckle themselves in. Several passengers get sick all over the isles as the plane pitches and rattles. In an instant, you and your passengers are being ripped from your seats, the entire top of the plane ripped from the body. Several unbuckled passengers are thrown into the air, screaming as they disappear into the spinning sky. With a mighty explosion, the plane crashes into a forest, decimating trees and creating a huge, torn trench in the soil. As it comes to a stop, you unbuckled and fall from the wreckage of the plane, Looking around, you are in a dense pine forest, the sun is just rising in the west. In the west?

Take control of yourself, no signup required.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

A Godforsaken Land [No signup Required] Empty Re: A Godforsaken Land [No signup Required]

Post  PMD3 Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:51 am

As I try to get up from the floor I feel a crushing weight on my legs, I pick out a mirror from one of the ladies suitcases and look in the mirror to see a chunk of the destroyed plane resting on my legs. I try to move, but feel a horrible pain in my lower thigh. I stop struggling and squirming and take the pain like a man. A few minutes later, I see a few people rise from the wreckage. They fall over like drunken idiots, but I know they were just as worse off as me, I shout for them and they stumble over to me ''What's your name son?'' the man shouts to me like I'm a deaf man
I slur back to him ''My names Matt, Can you try and get this piece of crap off me?''
''Sure thing son'' Him and his wife and a few other strangers walked over to try and get the heap of steel off my legs, The man had a booming voice and a big ginger beard and an amazing set of teeth. I slowly loose conciseness and the wreckage before me starts to dim. But as the man shouts ''HEAVE!'' I sharply wake up. They managed to roll it off, but I felt like a paraplegic. They helped me up and carried me over to a seat, which had flown off the plane and ironically landed upright. I sat there, and tried to rub my legs to life.
PMD3
PMD3
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

A Godforsaken Land [No signup Required] Empty Re: A Godforsaken Land [No signup Required]

Post  Damxge Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 am

After lying on the ground for a while, I could feel my arms and legs again, so I sat up to see a small group of people gathered around a boy in a dislodged seat from the plane. Standing, I walked over.
"You okay mate?" I asked. He looked up at me sarcastically and didn't reply.
"Sorry," I said, and walked away. Looking around, I could see it was getting dark, and the outline of a large, furry animal had appeared between two trees, it's yellow eyes glowing in the fading light, brilliantly white fangs glistened angrily.
"Guys!" I yelled back at them, not taking my eyes off the thing, "GET BACK IN THE PLANE!"
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  PMD3 Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:56 am

Slowly regaining conciseness, I seen everyone hurry back into the plane. I got up from the seat and could hardly stand, my legs felt useless.
''HURRY!'' The man yelled form the entrance to the destroyed plane.
''Why, We're not going anywhere'' I mumbled
''C'mon!'' He shouted impatiently
''Ok Ok, Sheesh, As I stumbled over to the plane, I seen an outline of a creature. I didn't bother to look at it any longer as I knew everyone were in a hurry to get in the plane and shut the doors. I tried to run but fell in the sand, I felt as if I were running from something in a dream, it felt impossible...
I made it to the ramp and climbed and struggled my way up, they helped me in and slammed the door shut behind me.
PMD3
PMD3
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 am

I was still buckled in as I woke up seeing a group of people slam the door closed. One seemed as if he couldn't walk. A leader type guy walked by and I asked,

"Whats going on?"

Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

https://extremerpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:55 pm

The door to the plane was shut as tight as we could get it, but there were plenty of holes in the hull of the plane and the whole top was missing. Someone who had passed out from the crash asked,
'What's going on?'
'Plane went down," I replied, grabbing a chunk of metal and sawing at thte seatbelt holding the guy in place. With a final tug it came loose and he was free. Turning to the others, I asked, "What do we do now?"
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  PMD3 Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:13 pm

''I guess we wait until morning...'' I said
''Were are we gonna get our food?'' The leader type guy asked
''Well there must be some airplane dinners?' Have a look around...''
I sat down on the front row of seats with a big sigh, I looked out the windows thinking I would see clouds in any minute. Maybe it was just a dream? But I doubt it highly. I seen the monster in the bushes, It didn't seem to do anything just stood there staring at me, Directly into my eyes. I tried not to blink as I was scared it would advance towards me. It slowly backed up back into the forest, maybe I could go out to get some fire wood? But that's probably what it wanted me to do. So I tried to go to sleep and wake up in the morning with a nice airplane dinner on my lap...
PMD3
PMD3
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:25 am

There weren't any dinners. The door was locked to the cupboard and the pilots cabin was locked tight, which I assumed meant they were dead. Looking around, I walked back to the door.
"We can't just sit here, it's getting dark and we don't know if this plane is going to explode or what!" I said shoving a brown haired man out of my way to get to the door.
"You think we're going out there?" he asked, shoving me back.
"You think I'm staying in here?" I retorted, shoving him into the wall of the plane. Turning to open the door, I heard a sharp intake of breath and turned back. The man swung at my face. I leaned back far enough it didn't touch me, but I felt the gust of wind. The man stumbled. I grabbed his head and slammed my knee into his nose. Still holding him head as he let out a muffled yell, I shoved him onto the ground. Turning back, I opened the door, walked out, and closed it behind me. Walking straight into the woods, I could hear the rustling footsetps of the wolves or whatever were out there, but they didn't come near me. My suspicions of them were correct, they weren't interested in killing us, at least, not yet.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  PMD3 Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:35 am

I woke up due to all the commotion and shouting, and turned around seeing the leader typed man throwing a brown haired man on the floor. He ran outside into the woods before I could grab him. I helped the man up, as no one was bothered to. ''You OK?'' I asked him
''Yeah.. Fine'' He said rubbing his nose and snapping it back into place
''Did he say where he was going?''
''No, But He headed in that direction, Right into the forest...'' He said moving his head slowly to the window looking in despair.
''I'm going to go after him'' I said
The large man with the ginger beard grabbed my arm, He had quite a grip on him ''I wouldn't go out there son, We don't need another person dead''
''Sure... He looks like he can handle himself(!)''
''What do you mean son?''
''Did you not see the goddamn creatures out there?!'' I shouted.
Most of the planes members gasped in shock and looked to each other to talk about it. I sat down and shook my head and griped my locket with a picture of my wife in it.
PMD3
PMD3
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:28 pm

"Im coming with you." I stated standing up and marching down the aisle to catch up with him. I opened the door and let him out. We walked into the forest.
"What's the plan?" I asked as I brushed my shaggy black hair out of the way. The hair reminded me of how I was just traveling to my new job. I would have got a haircut when I was there.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  PMD3 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:55 am

I woke up in the morning and looked out the window, the beam of the sunshine hit my face and I shaded it with my hand. I walked outside onto the sand, it run through my toes like water. ''I'm going to find them'' I said
The ginger bearded man shouted ''Wait son, I'll come with you''
''Sure, just don't slow me down''
''Okay''
After trekking through the insect ridden forest we seen a little opening in the trees, After breaking through the bamboo and plants, We looked up to see a beautiful, glimmering massive waterfall, The sunshine reflected off it like a sheet of metal, I looked down and seen the two of them sitting down poking at the embers of a fire to keep it going.
''Guys, What the hell? Why did you just run out here? You seen those creatures right?'' I asked
'Sure they didn't seem to hurt us, they scurried behind us though so we got a fire started do they would stay away'' The leader typed man said
''Are you going to come back?'' I asked looking mostly at the glistening waterfall.
PMD3
PMD3
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:39 am

*Panda, did you read Drag's post above yours?

I stomped off into the forest, looking for anything that I could use to make a fire. No way was I going to stay on that deathtrap in the middle of the night. Those things out there might have been waiting for us to go to sleep for all I know. Finally, I came to a small clearing with soft grass and a good view of the sky. The sky, which should have been a deep blue, was instead completely black. Not a cloud in sight, and not a star either. Disconcerted, I tried to push it out of my head as I gathered sticks for a fire. After about half an hour of rubbing two sticks together, I got a spark and the dry grass I was using as kindling took off, roaring to life and lighting the rest of the sticks on fire. I quickly threw a few larger chunks of dead wood on.
Then, there was a crunch of something stepping on a stick behind me. Spinning, I pulled the sharp piece of metal I used to cut the other man out of the seat out of my pocket, brandishing it at two men. One with longer shaggy black hair, the other with a splint on his leg and leaning on the other man's shoulder.
"What are you doing here?" I asked them.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:31 am

"I came to help." I replied, "Then this cripple and the ginger came behind me" I looked around our suroundings. Trees were everywhere.
"We could start by cutting some of these down," I concluded, "but with what?"
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:05 am

"I don't know," I responded, "But I don't think the cripple will be much help, sit him next to the fire. What are all of your names? Mine's Joey." I said, helping lead the injured man to the fire.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:30 am

"Lewis." I replied, sitting down next to the flames. I played with the dirt on the ground making small swirls and X's.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:22 pm

"Alright," I said, standing, "I'm going to look around, you guys try to sleep, I'll stand watch,"

The others nodded and I walked a distance from the fire to an old willow tree. Back in the US I had been under the tutor of a woodsman turned craftsman and had learned quite a bit about survival. So I snapped a switch from the tree, about four feet long and walked back to the fire where I stripped the bark with my teeth and began toasting it over the fire. After a few hours, I pulled it off, I needed some kind of grease. Reaching over, I tapped Lewis on the arm, he jumped and snorted, sitting up quickly.
"I gotta run back to the plan really quick, keep watch for me," I said, handing him a sharpened piece of wood, "It won't do much, but its better than nothing," and with that I set off, back to the plane, where I found the rest of the survivors still cowering inside the torn plane. I found a large amount of frying grease and filled a cup with it and headed back to camp, taking only an hour for the round trip. When I returned, I found Lewis sitting in a tree, near enough to keep watch, but far enough away he could surprise anything that came to the camp. I let him go back to sleep and began greasing my willow branch, roasting it over the fire.
I sat like that for the rest of the night, trying to stay alert in my dazed exhaustion, turning a stick over the fire, greasing it with vegetable oil on a rag. When the sun came up, I figured the branch would do and wandered back to the willow. With apologies to the tree, I peeled off long strips of bark and returned to camp, greasing them and roasting them over the fire, then tearing them into long hairlike fibers and continuing to grease and roast them. Soon, I weaved a long thin thread ad tied it to either end of the stick, I had myself a bow, but no arrows, I'd sort that out later. It was light now and I had to wake the others up so we could head out, to see if we could find help...
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Joe woke us up and told us we should go look for help.

"Sure," I yawned as I stood up. "we don't even know if this is an island yet. It could just be a peninsula." I had already collected a few berries the night before, so we wouldn't starve. We started off away from the plane. It would be dangerous, but we were desperate.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:36 am

We simply wandered until around noon when hunger forced us to start.
Lewis had, like a smart person, picked some berried, which we gobbled down immediately and looked around for the next course. I turned to Lewis and handed him my jagged piece of metal.
"I heard some running water a ways back, I''m sure there'll be fish, see if you can get any,"
Looking back at the others, I assessed them, "You guys see about getting some berries or something, I'm going to try to find some flint so I can make arrows," I said and they walked away.
"Meet back here in a few hours!" I yelled, turning back to the small clearing in which we'd stopped. I looked around until I found some green saplings and cut some branches off and began peeling the bark off with my teeth. I set up a small fire and began roasting them with what was left of the vegetable oil from plane.
The others had been gone for about two hours when I heard a slipping sound behind me, like someone crawling. Standing, I turned around, expecting to see one of my comrades. Instead, I came to face a twenty foot long snake, its body about a foot and a half thick. Its green-yellow eyes glistened in the fading light.
"LEWIS!" I yelled, pulling the small wooden stake from my pocket, brandishing it at the huge creature. It reared up, at least seven feet high and opened its mouth, revealing row after row of jagged teeth.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:32 pm

"LEWIS!" It echoed through to the river where I was attempting to spear fish. Jumping to my feet, I sprinted toward the yell. A huge snake was slithering toward Joe.

"I got this!" I yelled in a burst of courage as I threw myself at the snake and stabbed it with the sharp metal.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:01 am

The snake spun, its teeth clicking as it snapped at Lewis as he clung to its back, using the piece of metal driven into its neck to stay on the massive flailing snake.
Running forward, I stabbed it under its head, jerking the piece of wood higher until it hit bone. With a scream like roar, the snake flailed again, throwing me away as if I were a bothersome gnat. Lewis was still hanging on, his knifelike dagger digging deeper into the creature, blood soaking him. At last, the snake gave up and flopped down, stone dead.
"We'll be eating well tonight," Lewis said, stepping off of the massive snake.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:21 am

We pulled back the snake to camp. I left it for someone else to figure out how to cook. I went back to the plane to check on the others. The door hung open and no sounds could be heard. I entered the disstressed flying vehicle and saw something horrible. I screamed in panic and ran back to camp.

"OH MY FRICKIN' GOD!" I yelled as I sprinted.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:29 am

I had just chopped the snake into steaklike slices when Lewis came running into camp, his face sweaty and his eyes wild.
"What's wrong?" I asked, standing quickly. He looked exhausted and babbled quickly, but I couldn't understand him.
"Slowly man, what's going on!"
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:31 am

"Frick..." I breathed out. I had just ran a long distance screaming the whole way. And I was not the most athletic of all people.
"The passengers...they are dead." I fell to the ground.
"I've never seen so much blood." Starting to cry I turned away.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:35 am

"sh*t," I swore, looking around for our missing companion, "What did it look like killed them? Beasts of people?" I asked picking up my bow, I'd fashioned a few arrows with stone tips by now. Lewis just sobbed, trying to catch his breath at the same time.
"I'm sure someone got away," I said, squeezing his shoulder firmly, "We just have to find them,"
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:45 am

I stood up wiping away the tears and picked up a few pieces of wood. I went over to our makeshift table and started to craft something.

"Whatever killed those people...is dead." I said with a grim look on my face,
"Im not going to cry anymore."
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next