Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Static [RP-Thread - Open]

+3
The Skooglie
cyclonecasey
Damxge
7 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

All Static [RP-Thread - Open] Empty All Static [RP-Thread - Open]

Post  Damxge Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 am

In late October, Lewis and Clark Comm College offered a trip up to Lake Michigan for a camping trip for three weeks. In all, there were thirty students, all jammed onto a bus and shipped up there. The students had two choices, ride the bus the last fifty miles, or hike it in two weeks. You are among the students who chose to hike.

Players
Sarah Davis [inSYNC]
Myra Grey [SoNanoka]
Tony Sims Arniel Galvor [Cross]
Zac Carter [Tomyh]
Craig Steamer [Chavvy]
Blake Donner [Sage]
Franc [Skooglie]
Jake "JD" Miller [Bambi]
TK [Killer]

Join Here

Last edited by Cross on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

All Static [RP-Thread - Open] Empty Re: All Static [RP-Thread - Open]

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:07 am

You're so chicken! What? Were you scared you'd chip a nail? I was actually pretty surprised that I was still getting reception, thrilled, but surprised! The phone vibrated in my hand, and in record time, I flipped open the case and opened the text.
At least I wont get eaten by a beaver or something! I laughed a little too loud, and instantly clapped my hand over my mouth. No one seemed to pay any particular notice and I decided to put the phone away for now.
"Sarah" I turned around and come almost face to face with Jake, crooked smile and a lightly tilted head.
"Hiya Jake" I said, smiling back. He bit lightly into his lip, and seemed to turn a little shy, he glanced down as we resumed walking and huffed a small laugh.
"What?"
"We wear the same brand!" he said kicking a stone with his booted foot, I snorted in laughter as I also kick a loose stone.
"That's, uhm..." his gestures his hand around his neck "A lovely necklace"
"This old thing?" I smile and fiddle gently with the fine chain, running my thumb over the simple cross "You religious?" I snorted at the thought "Not even! Just something Kelly go me for my 16th" he smiles and nods, not saying anything.
While he was looking away I took advantage and checked him out, smiling and looking away. At least he wasn't like those douchenozzles with the blonde tips and greasy hair.
"So, uh, Sarah..." he started, running his hand through his hair "I was thinking, maybe after the trip-"
"Miss Davis!" I turned as I heard Mr. Riley waving me over "Sorry, got to go!" I lightly touch his shoulder and run ahead, leaving a slightly ruffled looking Jake behind.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:53 am

Trudging along, I glanced around at the plant life and small bugs scurrying away from the lightly worn path. It was obviously a way most people didn't come, and was a good two hundred miles from any real city or town.
"If you don't know how to use a map and compass, stick with someone who does," Mrs. Collins words rung through my head as someone stepped on the back of my boot before stumbling away. I turned around, the map in my hand hanging limply to my side, one of the Environmental Professors who'd tagged along stood off of the trail, looking rather abashed, Mr Riley I thought his name was. I knew that a good bunch of the people on the trip here were in his class, I'd just paid the money to go backpacking and get a break from classes.
"I'm sorry, I was just watching your mapwork," he said, scratching the back of his head, some girl close behind him almost walked straight into his back.
"No problem," I said before continuing on my walk, we'd already lost more than half of the group quite a ways back, it looked like it was me and four or five others, and that professor guy.

[Just a little info on the future story, something really big will happen sometime on page 2]
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  The Skooglie Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:40 am

"where are the others?" i asked the person next to me
"what do you mean?"
"i mean there used to be more of us and now there is less of us" i said that last part slowly so he understood also i could see standing above most people at my hight.
"i didnt notice and i do believe you are right" i felt a bit proud to be one of the first to notice and the news spread quickly. then the whole group just seemed to stop and someone at the front was talking to the group. i think it may have been Mrs. Collins but i could here what she was saying
"i dont know what happened to the rest of the group but i have a map and im sure they just fell behind a short way, so if everyone could take a break please just let us try to give them a chance to catch up."
as everyone sat down and the sunny sky beat down on us i thought i would try to think about who's missing.
The Skooglie
The Skooglie
Accepted
Accepted

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Sighing loudly, I hiked my pack higher on my shoulders and set off again. The few who'd stayed up with me were stopping for a break to try to let the others catch up. Half of them were probably pretty pissed they had to be here, the rest were too involved with their phones and such.

"Hey, where are you going?" Someone said, really close behind me. Slowly, I turned to face a rather tall guy leaning against a tree, his hair looked like he'd just gotten out of bed.

"I'm not with that enviro class, so I'm out here for the hell of it," I said, jamming a thumb over my shoulder in the direction I was headed.

"Yeah? And what's the rush? We've got two weeks to get to the campsite," he said, hopping off of the rock he was standing on, still a giant. His smile told me he was just screwing with me, but I figured I'd ignore that.

"There's a lake just up a few miles, gonna head off east when I get there, I camped up in between some rocky outcroppings a few years ago, back when-" I cut off, my voice catching in my throat, "My parents were around," I almost whispered before turning and moving back up the trail. The guy, to my surprise, followed along, dragging his pack up onto his back.

"Yeah? Was it a nice place?" He asked, ignoring my last statement and remaining cheery. I liked that.

"Beautiful, and the fishing was amazing," I said, smiling as I remembered the place, "I figure I can get there easily before sundown," I glanced at my old watch, an ancient watch given to me by my grandfather, I had to wind it every morning, but it never gave up a bad time. It was almost five, and sundown was sure to come sometime around seven.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Bambi Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 pm

The group seemed to be settling down for a short break, two started playing around, near and on the trees. Sarah went to sit with the other girl, Myra, I think her name was.
I decided to resign at chasing after Sarah for now and plonked myself down on a naturally formed bench.
I looked around and it seemed everyone was busy doing something, so I pulled out my etch-a-sketch, and smile irratitly when I see the word 'badger' scrawled across the screen.
Eyes narrowed I turn to find Zac already sitting next to me, whistling nonchalantly and twiddling his thumbs.
"Is this what passes for amusment for you?" I ask holding up the toy with the screen facing him. A smile seeps onto his face as he glances at the screen then at me. "Really?" annoyed, I lean back, shaking it clear.
"What gave me away?" I freeze for a moment, quickly glance at him and turn away, simply shaking my head at him.
"Oh, right..."
I huff in laughter, turning my attention to my etch-a-sketch, starting a rough drawing.
Zac watched over my shoulder as it started to take form, he glanced up before looking back down, frowning.
"Wait, is that... Sarah?!"
"Can you say it any louder? I think she missed that!" I grumbled shifting away slightly. He laughs with a sheepish smile, silently apologizing.
I focus intently on my etch-a-sketch, diliberately not looking up as I ask...
"Hey Zac... How do you talk to girls?"
Bambi
The Voices
The Voices

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:57 pm

"Do I look like a girl? Do I look like I know how to talk to girls? I'm a guy I have no clue" I picked up a small twig, scanning the surface with my fingers looking for a way to pick at the bark.
"Then how do you do it so easily"
"Me? I just talk. You know the whole be yourself thing? yeah that works. I just talk about things I like, things they like, current events, ideas and all that" I looked up and saw Jake starring off into the distance. I tried to follow his gaze but a tree stood in my way. I tried to get a peek at her etch-a-sketch but he had it behind his body, out of sight.
"How bout you follow Genie's advice" I fished my walkman out of my pocket and went through my music list, thinking what song I'll put on next. Jake looks at me confused. "Genie?"
"Remember, Bee yourself" I chuckle at the quote and Jakes starts laughing. Made him laugh, I win I thought, picking up the stick again and start trying to pick at the bark.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  killer8529 Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:44 pm

(cross whos the big guy?)
like always i sat to the side just off the trail where i sat and waited sitting with my eyes closed. (sigh) "even when alone i fell like i am being watched" i get up and look around noticing that only a few people were around non i knew i picked up my bag and belt and continued walking (the belt is one from a webbing got two water bottles and one pouch if you didnt know) on the trail a few of the people looked at me then looked away quickly noticing who i was.
killer8529
killer8529
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 am

I sat to one side of the group while the adults gazed at the map, I assume they're planning the route. The group seemed to be amusing themselves, chatting and prating, but I wasn't totally into that. I only came for the walk, so admire the scenery, to actually see something for a prolonged period rather than a flash through a window.

It probably wouldn't be long before we set off, and I couldn't wait. Two weeks of walking, instead of two weeks with the arseholes that I had to share the bus with. The guy I had to sit next to, "Gaz", never shut up for the hours we were on the peasant-mobile, rambling about how he beat another kid senseless, and of his pitbull, like he was trying to intimidate me or something about the things that make him part of the modern youth. At least I knew a few of these people here, and got on with Zac... although I probably wouldn't class him as a friend, just a guy you talk to in the lunch line.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:00 am

"Let's see. Lake Michigan was created by glacier movement during the Ice age 1,000,000 years ago. The Glaciers were approximately 6,500 feet thick and covered most of the midwest. The Glaciers carved out deep gouges in the land and as the ice started to melt 10,000 years ago the water filled the depressions in the land and created the great lakes of today"

"What are you doing?" I looked up from my note book, music blaring in one ear with Jake looking at me curious and annoyed. "Did you bring your text book with you?"
"No, this is my personal notebook." I held up the small red leather bound book, the pages inside worn and torn from my constant use (and misuse); the pages slightly ink-stained from the trip in my pants through the washing machine and the back pocket stuffed with some many extra pages and cards the strap could barely keep the book closed.
"Figures, your the only person here on a nature hike that cares about the history of the land over the actual land itself"
"Hey, I care about the land. I just also enjoy going over the history of it as I hike through it"
"Whatever" Jake shook his head and smiled before returning to his drawing, still keeping it out of my sight. I tried to peek around his shoulder, then noticed someone heading towards us. I looked up to see Sarah, shaking her head at something. Mr. Riley was standing behind her, looking around for someone.

"Hey Jake, don't look now but Sarah's coming this way"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  killer8529 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:15 am

'what am i doing hear anyway' i kept walking think to my self how i got on this stupid trip 'being near people drives me insane there all idiots' (just so you all know when he says idiots not as in dum just really a pain in the ass not to just kick in the face) 'oh thats right mum' i moved to the side of the path and sat down no one was around so i tried to meditate 'but then again i might see dad up hear' i thought about it for moment longer 'naa hes climing mount everest i doubt he would have finished that by now' i continued to meditate waiting for night to rear its lovely head.
killer8529
killer8529
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:51 am

I moved swiftly, not bothering now to wait for the group, I wasn't sure of the boy following me was still with me or not; but I made it to my old campsite relatively quickly.
Sighing, I flopped down my an old ring of stones and looked up at the massive oak tree protruding from the hill, in it could be seen carved four names. A tear sprung to my eye to be quickly whisked away by my sleeve.
"The hell is that noise" Franc said, climbing over a rock nearby, rubbing his neck.
"What noi-" I started, but just as I said it, a high, distant screech met my ears, it must've been there for quite a while and I just didn't notice, "Hmm, that's odd,"
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:20 am

I stood up on my feet at a shot, upon hearing the screeching noise. It seemed to fill the air, making it hard to pinpoint were this sound was coming from. I looked around in confusion, just trying to figure out the origin of said noise. I could see that a few of the others had heard it too now, doing similar things to myself, occasionally whispering to each other. I lip-read Tony saying "That's odd", but couldn't really see much more, as he turned away to face the front once again.

I'll probably ask someone, see if they know anything more than myself. Hopefully they might know something.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  killer8529 Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:21 pm

my eyes opened and i sighed 'what now' i get p and look around 'what is this screatching sound where is it coming from.' i started to walk in the direction of one of the groups 'not gona stay out hear alone with that type of noise'
killer8529
killer8529
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post  The Skooglie Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:03 pm

i looked around everywhere from the trees and the water, "this is rally strange" Tim sais i walk to the forest and look around checking for any sign of movement, the screaching wasnt getting louder but it wasnt getting quieter iether, "what could possibly make that sound?" i said to myself but tim heard "i dont know but whatever it is, i head for the tree that was coming from the hill, "i need a higher veiw" i yell to tim as i start to run i get to the tree and start to climb up, when i get to the top i look around in every direction but all i could see was tree's and river.
The Skooglie
The Skooglie
Accepted
Accepted

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 am

I was just about to follow Franc when the screech grew in volume, it was so sudden that I didn't have time to cover my ears. The distant whine suddenly became a clawing, grating screech, a blast of wind struck from the north, slamming me back against the ground, tumbling me head over heels across the flat area. The screech continued, grinding at my mind, a wet feeling coming to my ears, dulling the sound, blood sliding down my jaw and neck from my eardrums. The sky darkened as hundreds of thousands if not millions of birds flocked upward, all screaming and cawing, their frightened and panicked noise adding to the power of the screech. They didn't fly like flocks normally did either, they flew in circles, ramming into one another, tangling with trees and flying headfirst into the ground, trying desperately to escape whatever was making the noise. A herd of deer burst from the woods opposite me, pounding their hooves as they drove forward up the hill where Franc lay holding his head. One stepped on him, but I couldn't hear if he made any noise.
"No, they can't" I said feebly as the deer, five in all, ran up the hill before rearing up on the edge of the cliff on the opposite side, then, almost in slow motion, they fell, their thrashing bodies going out of my sight as they plummeted hundreds of feet to sharp rocks below.
And just like that, the screech was gone.

I stood up, my knees feeble under me, it felt like worms were crawling around in my stomach, the feeling made me sick and I lost my lunch all over the ground before me. Hundreds of dead birds surrounded me, having either run into trees, other birds, or into the ground itself. I pulled out my cell phone to call for help, but the screen stayed dark as I tried to turn it on.
"It was some sort of EMP," I whispered, looking down at my digital watch, its face blank.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:54 am

I groaned loudly when I felt hands on my shoulder, gently shaking.
"W-what happened?" the last thing I rememberd was walking over to Zac and Jake.
"Wish I knew!" I heard as I struggled to open my eyes "Are you alright?"
I realized that every sound was muffled slightly, like I hade a thin towel wrapped around my head.
I opened my eyes and found Jake leaning over me, concerned expression, and a trail of blood trailing from his ear.
"Oh my god! Jake, your ears!" I sit upright and stare at the heap of dark red.
"Yeah..." he mumbled, shrugging me off as though it was no big deal "I think that noise ruptured all our eardrums or something..."
I frowned and looked around; everyone had the same injury!
I felt the side of my own face and felt warm wet!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:17 pm

I hobbled my way back to Franc, who was still lying with his hands over his head, at least he was moaning slightly.
"Franc," I rasped, my voice hoarse from screaming in pain, "Franc!" I said, slightly louder as I fell next to him, my knees giving out. I shook him hard, rolling him over as I did so. His eyes were screwed shut, his bloodied hands clamped over his ears.
"Dammit Franc, are you okay?" I said, grabbing his wrist and pulling his hand away.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  killer8529 Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:12 am

I got up still in shock with my war drums ringing and fell right back down on my ass 'what the ***** was that I must find the main group' I got on my hands and knees and headed toward the main group I hoped
killer8529
killer8529
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 pm

"Did anyone see that?"
"What was that?"
"My phones dead!"
"Mine too!"
I got my phone from my pocket and checked it, trying to turn it on and off several times. Dead, completely. I swore and looked around; others were trying their phones as well, all with blood dripping from their ears.
"what's going on!"
"We got hit by an EMP" everyone turned to me, confused. I jumped up onto a boulder so everyone could see me. "A electromagnetic pulse, it kills all electronics"
"So what caused it?" I looked around, taking in the scope of death around us. "I don't know, a nuke most likely.
"A nuke!"
"Are we going to die!"
"God help us!"
I wiped away the blood and looked around, unsure on what to do now?

Last edited by LordTomyh on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  killer8529 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 pm

i walked up behind Zac 'is that his name i hope it is' "Zac if your usnsure step down and sit we cant move in a group in this condition" i sat down next to the bolder "and if that was a nuke we would allready be dead the radation would have hit us by now so if it was a nuke it would be better if we are dead also you got any bandages on ya, its TK by the way"

Last edited by killer8529 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
killer8529
killer8529
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post  Bambi Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:19 pm

I stood up from the damp earth and brushed off my knees, in turn brushing my hands clean on my jeans. I stooped down to help sarah to her feet. She jumped as I touched her arms but calmed when she saw it was me and grimaced sheepishly. I turned to see where Zac was and looked back at Sarah and caught her staring at the clotting blood on my cheek. Her fingers twitched as if she wanted so bad just to wipe it off. "is it bothering you?" I asked gesturing to my face.
Bambi
The Voices
The Voices

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:54 pm

I smiled sheepishly, unable to take my eyes away from the slowly drying red.
"I wouldn't say that... But it is kinda distracting" I reach up to my own face and try to wipe off the blood; I look at it smeared across my fingers before licking it off.
"Urgh..." I look up to see Zac, a look of disgust on his face.
"I'm sorry Z, am I bothering you?" he blinks a few times, as though coming out of a trance, "No, no. Not in the slightest"
I sniff, the inside of my nose suddenly itchy.
"You're a terrible liar, you know that?"
"C'mon, she just licked her own blood covered hand!"
"You make it sound like it'd LESS gross if it was someone ELSE'S blood covered hand..."
"Are you trying to make me throw up"
"Hey guys, what's that smell"
Zac and Jake look to me as though they'd forgotten I was there, simultaneously they start sniffing at the air curiously.
"What smell?"
"You seriously can't smell that?" I continue smelling around, as do the boys.
"What's it smell like Sarah?"
"...it's hard to describe"
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Bambi Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:01 pm

I roam around the trees and find a scattered mess of little feathery corpses. "Hey, over here!". I yell to the others and they come running over. "Ugh!" "Oh god" Sarah whispers and stares in shock "those poor birds!". Zac walked forward and poked a stick at one. "Zac!" Sarah shouted furiously and made Zac and I jump. "Is this what you can smell?" I ask already knowing it isn't. She shakes her head, confirming my suspicions, still looking at the birds. "No, it smells...it smells like metal?. I told you, It's hard to describe."
Bambi
The Voices
The Voices

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:53 pm

"Come on, wake up you worthless son of a-" I said loudly, I'd managed to heave Franc onto my back and was now half carrying, half dragging my unconscious companion onward toward where I hoped was still a ranger station. Just as I was about to call him a bitch, a strange feeling came over me. My bones felt like they were rattling, though my body wasn't shaking. Scared, I laid Franc down on the ground and looked down at my hands. They were as steady as they always were, but that strange shaking feeling was still there. I looked up at the trail ahead of us, we'd been in a basin like area, almost a crater, and were about to head back into the hilly, pine covered wood.
That was when I realized it wasn't me that was shaking, it was the air around me, "Holy hell," I said softly, walking forward slowly. The vibrations got harder and more steady the closer I got to the woods, then I felt a strange pause in the air. Ahead of me were three people, two crouching over a third laying on the ground. I was about to yell out when I saw the red, the vibrations resumes as the two again worked feverishly over the other person.
"Oh, god," I whispered under my breath as one of the two, both around my age, maybe twenty, twenty one, drew their hand back, the intestine of the older woman on the ground trailing after them. I almost threw up then and there. Staggering back, my eyes were glued on them as they gorged themselved on the dead woman.
"Franc, you gotta wake up man!" I hissed, my adrenaline pumping, I was able to haul him all the way onto my back and began to run in the opposite direction of the cannibalistic creatures behind me.
"Oh sh*t, oh sh*t, oh sh*t," I was beginning to panic, the vibrations were fading slowly as I moved away from them.
The EMP must have zapped their brains or something, this was bad, what if the others in the group had been affected in the same way. I froze, that was alot of people to go crazy like that.
"Oh no, oh sh*t, sh*t, oh my god, this- I, uhm," I began to mumble, dropping Franc to the ground and grabbing my face, my dried blood cracking from the pressure.
"The hell is going on?" Franc grumbled, rolling over, rubbing his head from where I'd dropped him.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next