Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Announcement #2

4 posters

:: Main :: Announcements

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

General Announcement #2 Empty General Announcement #2

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Because others cannot see my conversation with Casey over the facebookz, I'm posting here what was said there so you can read it here since you can't read it there.

A lot of the images for the forum are completely screwed up, it would appear motionforum trashed a bunch of the images (I assume they were clogging up 5mb worth of their ever-so-valuable harddrive space and they said, "eh, we'll delete it") So some functionality of the forum is offline. Particularly post specific actions such as editing posts (deleting and merging posts for adminskis) and others like it. SO! Don't panic if you can't do something you used to be able to do because WHOOPS, they deleted the button for it. I will be working nonstop with thirty minute breaks every half fifteen minutes, for two hours daily, three days a week, not including holidays, until I have all of the functionality restored to the forum! DO NOT FEAR! I WILL NOT FORSAKE YOU!

THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT OR UNTIL I POST ANOTHER TOPIC!
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

General Announcement #2 Empty Re: General Announcement #2

Post  cyclonecasey Fri May 06, 2016 1:03 pm

No rush here. The forums still pretty dead right now so not a lot of people are gonna see it
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 3:13 pm

I cleaned up what was apparent. If anything else is out of place, it'll have to wait until someone finds it.

Also, might I make some suggestions? Completely remove any ranking system for the RPs and consolidate down into two categories: Casual and Strict. Casual being for casual RPing, strict being for, well, use your imagination.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri May 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Hmmm, perhaps. I do like having three groups though, it's a good number and I definitely think there should be something between casual and strict.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 3:52 pm

1. 18+

2. Technical (Being RPs with super rule-sets such as posting order, or requiring extensive research/technical knowledge on certain subjects)

3. "Pub" type RPs (Where you only have one character and basically carry them over from RP to RP. Not my favored style, but some people dislike creating a new character for each new RP they join. Because IT'S JUST SO f***ing HARD TO MAKE A NEW EDGY WEREWOLF SPIRIT VAMPIRE WITH BLUE HAIR AND EAR PIERCINGS THAT HAS AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM. And if anyone reading this later is offended by that statement: Good.)

4. Fling RPs (Ones that the creator knows will only be 50 or fewer posts and just wants to do a "quick run" so to speak.)

5. Private RPs (Meaning a group who has set up a RP and doesn't want others to join but needs a place to post.)

Just a few that pop to mind immediately.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri May 06, 2016 4:20 pm

18+? I approve? I wouldn't make it its own section though. Maybe specify from RP to RP if explicit writing is acceptable?

I have never liked reusing character, I don't think that's a good idea. When you said "Pub" RPs I thought you meant like that Scotty experiment, where you can bring your in-use characters into one place, which I enjoyed until Killer wrecked it.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 4:49 pm

I was so f***ing salty about how much of a flop Scotty's was. I really wanted it to succeed and I was having fun, so I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels killer kinda trashed it.

As for 18+, you may need to make it into it's own section, possibly a locked one that is only available to individuals who have been "screened" (Such as through a skype interview or other method). That is, unless your definition of 18+ just involves a bit more gore. It would be nice to have the forum open for all ages, and having 18+ posts just kinda thrown in would make it more difficult to keep a diverse age group, considering many parents would see "18+" on their 12-16 year old kid's screen and go "NUH-UH YOU DON'T" and bar them from the site. When I picture 18+, I usually picture literotica, edgy content such as slavery, torture, etc, and explicit violence. Stuff that really needs to be reserved for a certain group who wants access.

And yeah, I have a certain amount of disdain when it comes to reusing characters, if my comments don't speak for themselves.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri May 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Yeah, I was loving it! Even with Killer being killer I felt I did pretty well "rolling with the punches" (literally in that case) xD

And yeah I kinda see what you mean. That'd probably go with Privet RPs then, right?
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 5:10 pm

That would make sense. I feel private RPs would be a good, all-encompassing category that you can throw anything into.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri May 06, 2016 5:26 pm

I'm not really sure on how to do all that technical stuff like closing a group with certain people being able to comment or view. Can we actually create topics that are hidden without granted access?
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 5:31 pm

It's more than possible. Just make a group and close a certain subforum down so that only members of that group can view/write. I'll handle it all for you once you nail down exactly what you want. It'll be a whole subforum, not topic-by-topic, though.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri May 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Yeah, I got no clue Confuzzled
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Don't worry about it, I got the know-how.

I better, been running forums for five years XD
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri May 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Meanwhile I haven't even been on a forum for 2 or 3 years :S
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 5:54 pm

If you'd like, I can go around reorganizing, straightening up, getting rid of old useless threads (like some rule ones that I'm sure are floating around.), sh*t like that.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri May 06, 2016 6:09 pm

If you like. I was just thinking about maybe archiving some of the older superfluous thread to make it a bit less cluttered
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri May 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Working on it currently. Made an archive sub in the Dump if you feel like checking out the stuff I'm archiving. I'll go ahead and merge all of the RP Difficulties into easy sub as well. I'm going to go ahead and archive all of the old RPs and Signups, so if you want any unarchived, just move them out.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Mon May 09, 2016 10:20 pm

"Because IT'S JUST SO f***ing HARD TO MAKE A NEW EDGY WEREWOLF SPIRIT VAMPIRE WITH BLUE HAIR AND EAR PIERCINGS THAT HAS AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM"

Haha. On a more serious note, is there any way to code the website so that when I click on the latest post of a particular thread, it takes me to the latest page, not the first?
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 10, 2016 12:28 am

Conor wrote:On a more serious note, is there any way to code the website so that when I click on the latest post of a particular thread, it takes me to the latest page, not the first?

Possibly, though a way around it is to click the last number on the little boxes next to the thread you want to look at ;D
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 4:59 am

You could do as Chav says, though I thought the icon to take you to the last page worked (At least, it does for me.) As long as you're hitting one of these icons: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 7:21 am

The boxes don't appear on the home page. I think that's what he meant?
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 7:51 am

Oh sh*t now I get it. Thanks staff!
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 10, 2016 7:51 am

No problemo, bromigo!
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 11:34 am

OMG!! I didn't know it did that!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 12:25 pm

Yep. Just a little forum functionality. Lot of stuff you don't think about actually has a purpose.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next