Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Territory of the Living Dead

+2
LordTomyh
Drag
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Territory of the Living Dead Empty Territory of the Living Dead

Post  Drag Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:44 am

Join here!: https://extremerpg.rpg-board.net/t81-territory-of-the-living-dead-rp-intermediateopen-started#662

"Knox County has been quarantined due to a virus outbreak. The government does not want it to spread. They have not released any information on the citezens inside other than that they are living normally." The radio stopped sending news messages and a song rang through the empty street. Happiness. I could hardly remember the feeling as I walked down the road. My nice, white dress shirt was now covered in blood. Those living corpses had unrelentlessly broke into my house. I had never seen anything like that blood-lust in their eyes. They had devoured my family, the blood pouring down their faces in a wild dog like way. Even my neighbor had taken part of the feast.

The virus had not started so suddenley. At first it seemed as if it was just a normal flu. It was classified as R2F virus. Soon once the flu ran its course the person would start going into a coma for a few hours. Eventually they would wake up, but they wouldn't be the same person. Personalitys changed. They would lash out at people and generally avoid contact with others. I even noticed some of them just staring at nothing, moaning as if their brain just stopped working. Once more research was done on the survivors of the flu was done, they figured out their bodies were decomposing at an amazing rate. Soon people started calling the R2F sickened the "Flesh Rotters". The sickened started to bite people and the virus escalated. Quickly the government quarantined the area and locked us in with the ravid people.

Lost in my own thoughts, I almost didn't even notice the Flesh Rotter shuffling in front of me. I lifted up my splintered bat and brought it down upon the zombie's skull. It caved in easilly due to the rotten flesh. It fell down in front of me. They were not dangerous by themselves, but in hordes they are your worst nightmare. Entering a small cafe I sat down in one of the booths. Bowing my head down I started to cry. They killed my family.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

https://extremerpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Territory of the Living Dead Empty Re: Territory of the Living Dead

Post  LordTomyh Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:29 pm

I was halfway through my book, a pretty good book at that, when one if the R2F's shuffled around the corner, moaning and groaning. I sighed loudly and snapped the book shut, which attracted the zombie's attention.
I stood pulling out my Iphone to check what song was playing, my favourite Breaking the Habit by Linkin park. I looked up from my phone and saw the zombie within arms reach, too close. I quickly drew my sword, in one move decapitating the infected man, placing my other hand between my face and it to keep blood from splattering my face.
I let out another sigh as the body slumped to the ground, I was tired of the infection, tired of having to look over my shoulder or around a corner. Tired of not having a place to just sit down and read for more than five minutes.
A can went clattering across the opening of the alley I was in, and I heard several zombies starting towards the sound. I quickly opened the duffel bag at my feet and pulled out a large bundle. Aerosol cans, home made pipe bombs and an air stadium horn all taped together. I pulled the pin on the pipe bomb, pressed down on the horn trigger and threw it with all my might down the alley into the street. I ducked behind an dumpster, waiting for the explosion, hearing the moans and groans of the approaching Zombies.
I hope no one hears this I though as i put my hands over my head.
BOOM!
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:46 am

My head shot up from the table I was sobbing at. Wiping the tears from my wet face I stood up, listening to the explosion ringing through the streets. Was some one hurt? Should I go check? No, there would be to many Flesh Rotters to risk it. Looking around the cafe I spotted a ladder going to the roof. I started up the ladder and opened the door above me. I could get a better view from here. Jumping up on to one of the large machinery on top of the building I looked out at the explosion. Zombies were gathering in the masses. Someone set it off. I was startled when I saw a non-rotting head pop up behind a dumpster. You know the world is messed up when a living person shocks you more than a grotesqe monster. I needed to go help them, they would never make it out alive! Running down a fire escape on the side the building I ran toward the alley, taking the route opposite the zombies.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:23 pm

I looked up over the dumpster at the crater that I had created. The buildings on both sides had gaping holes in their walls and the street now opened up the the sewers. a fire was spreading in the building on the right.
"f***" I swore, that was my favorite book shop on fire, And the only one that wasn't bloodstained. I knew there was no way I could stop the fire so I stood and turned to walk away. The alley was full of infected, all slowly coming towards me. I knew they had seen me, there was no way they couldn't have. The entire alley was full of them, blocking all ways out, I couldn't fight through them all and a quick check of the ruined alley opening showed another large group there.
I was trapped.
I looked around for a way out, both the buildings were now on fire, both not offering anyway to climb the walls. I saw a fire escape with it's ladder up, too far out of reach even for my sword. I turned to the dumpster and opened it's lid, full of heavy rubbish and waste, too heavy to move, I saw a heavy duty industrial chain attached to it and the wall behind.
I couldn't find anything to stand on, nothing to boost me up. I heard a sound on the roof above me and dismissed it, thinking it was a bird or a cat. Staring down the alley at the forming horde advancing me, I though this is it, this is how it ends.
Then I remembered, there were no more animals in Knox County, the infected devoured them all and drove off the rest. I looked up and what I saw shocked me more than the horde coming for me.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:23 am

Sprinting, I flew down the empty street. All of the creatures I'd been fighting off seemed to just vanish. Concerned, I followed them for a ways until they started noticing me again. I hid down for a while, but resumed the chase again. After a minute's run, I came to face the back of an angry horde of the creatures, a huge hole in the street sent them stumbling and trampling each other. Scowling, I went into the burning book store, grabbed a blazing dictionary, and ran back outside. There I saw a single person, climbing up the side of the building on a chain. I was almost too shocked to move, but recovered quickly and hurled the burning book into the midst of the horde.
The fire spread like the flu, leaping from rotter to rotter, lighting them for only a minute before they collapsed to the ground, dead, or I hoped dead. After only two or so minutes, the horde began to thin and the man on the chain seemed to have gotten his shirt stuck on a nail in the wall. He hung by one hand, slashing down at the creatures still clawing at his feet.
With a roar that startled a few of the zombies, I charged at them, bashing their head with my heavy metal pole. I'd killed so many undead by now that it had become a simple part of life, and I no longer cringed as I slew the horrifying creatures.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:01 pm

I looked down on the trapped man. There was complete fear in his eyes. He must've not known the bomb would make that big of an explosion. I could not just abandon him, especially because he has now seen me. I couldn't save my family, but I could save him. Before I arrived I had already tied together a bunch of tablecloths from the cafe.

I swung the make-shift rope down the side of the building. Hopefully my knots were tight enough. The zombies were shuffling closer and closer. They were so much more dangerous in groups.
"Climb up!" I half yelled half whispered at him as he stared up at me.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:46 pm

"Climb up!"
The rope landed on a zombie, knocking it down. The man must of tied a weight to it or something. I cut down another one of the infected and grabbed the rope, pulling myself up. I lost my shoe as one of the infected clawed at me, it lost an arm. Another grabbed my pants, it lost it's head. Higher and higher I climbed, pulling myself further and further from the infected.
Then my shirt caught on a nail, and a Zombie grabbed my foot, twisting me around so I couldn't reach the nail. I quickly cut down the infected and tried to twist myself free, but the nail had become stuck. I cut down more and more of them, yet two more took it's place. I couldn't get free, I couldn't get out of reach. Then i felt myself drop a little, looking up I saw one of the knots was coming undone, unable to support my weight. I looked down and saw one of the Zombies pulling on the rope, gnawing at it. Baka I though as I loped off it's head. I dropped another centimeter of so, the nail starting to rip my top. There was nothing I could do, I looked up and saw the man above me trying to pull the rope up, with me on it. But that just quickened the unraveling rope.
Suddenly something roared at the alley entrance, I looked down to see The Zombies on fire and a man charging into the midst, a large metal pole in his hand.
A sense of hope filled my chest, a feeling that I was going to survive thanks to him. Then the rope came undone, and I fell. My top ripping as I went.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:16 pm

The man fell, the undead were on him almost instantly.
"No!" I yelled, dashing forward to stab another rotter on my pole. I beat at the creatures, trying to get to the man. At last, I made it, he was in a tight circle of the creatures, slashing and hacking at them as they closed in. Jumping forward, I got into teh circle and began battering my way back away from the man, trying to thin the herd from that direction. He got the idea and turned his back to me and focused on the ones behind us.
Ever so slowly, the huge mass of writhing bodies stemmed and left us with only a few still 'alive'
As I slew the last at the end of the alley, I turned back to see the man with the sword cut the head off of one of the udead on his end. At last, all that were left were dead bodies, really dead this time.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:28 pm

I was breathing heavily, covered in blood, my sword running red. I turned to the man standing behind me, the man who had saved my life.
"Thanks for that mate" he was just taller than me, breathing as hard as I was, his weapon dripping blood into the small pool around our feet. I looked at the metal bar in his hands and my face split into a little grin. It was a Shower Curtain Rod, something so common and mundane it was almost comical being used for a weapon.
I heard something on the roof and looked up, the man on the roof was pulling up the rope. He noticed me staring and pointed at the fire escape, I yelled up to him "Are you coming down or are we going up?"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:26 am

Slowly, the man on the roof climbed down, gingerly jumping from the fire escape onto the slippery, bloodstained pavement. With a squeak, he flopped back, his arms windmilling. The man with the sword reached out and grabbed his wrist, hauling him upright before he landed on one of the slain.
"Name's Mario," I said, walking over, wiping my metal pole off on one of the bodies, "I'm surprised anyone is still alive, I thought I was the last person on earth," I laughed, the darkness of my words heavy on the warm air. With that, I started away, toward the diner down the road, "If you don't mind, I'm starving!" I yelled back.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:22 am

"Mine's Bright. John Bright." I said, kicking some more dead than usual Flesh Rotters out of my way. Mario started to walk to the diner. I followed.
"I already cleared out the zombies from that building. We should be safe." I confirmed playing with my bat. It wouldn't take much more distress. It'd be best to find a new weapon. As we entered the diner Mario ran over to the kitchen in the back and started making some food. Sitting down by one of the windows I stared out. Infected roamed the streets, craving human flesh. One Rotter banging on your door would soon multiply into ten.

"We need a place to stay. And fast" I grimly stated.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:42 pm

I hung back a bit, wiping my sword on one of the dead. The other two were ahead of me, discussing something. I was watching around me, on the lookout for more of the infected.
"Hey, What's your name Kid? I turned to the question, the older man, John I think he said his name was. Both of them were looking at me, their weapons cleaned and put away. I looked between the two then shouldered my duffel bag. "I'm Sebastian, from Victoria" I shifted my weight to my other foot and something feel out of my duffel bag. It was one of my sound bombs, Areosal cans, pipe bombs and air stadium horns taped together. I quickly scooped it up and stuffed it back in my bag, looking up at the two stunned faces
"Whoops, forgot I had enough one of those"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:58 am

I found the fixings for burgers and soon the smell of grilling beef wafted through the rest of the small diner. I made six of the large patties and chopped the mold from the cheese and bread before bringing a platter out.
"All I could find was water," I said, tossing a bottle to each of my new companions.
I plopped down and began munching away on one of the burgers. The bread was stale, the cheese was crumbly, the lettuce wilted, but it was the best food I'd eaten in weeks. I'd lived off of canned spaghetti and meatballs for the last month at least.
"So how did you boys get 'ere in Knox?" I asked after swallowing a bit of a large bite whole, "I heard no one survived aft the virus broke," I looked up the the two, the older man, Bright, was munching away, while Sebastian was barely eating.
"Not hungry?" I asked, cocking my head a bit.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:31 pm

I looked up at the question, then looked back down at the burger in front of me. "I know this sounds stupid but. I'm afraid of mold" He had removed all the stuff off the food, but I had seen it on there before, I still couldn't eat it.
"And I was here on a world trip, I'm from Victoria in Australia. I had just finished my Uni Course and my parents urged me to travel, So I did. And here I am" I reached into my bag and drew out a spoon and a can of Heinz tinned spaghetti, breaking the seal and eating the gooey red and yellow muck cold.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:41 am

[Quick post, sorry. Busy atm]

Scowling, I reached out and took the burger, taking a huge bite. I hadn't eaten in what felt like days.
"Australia huh?" I said after I swallowed, "I've always wanted to go there," I took another bite but stopped, mid chew. A loud crashing issued from the kitchen, followed by confused moaning. I sighed and stood, grabbing a nearby chair and yanking the leg off. My shower curtain pole wouldn't work in close quarters.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:20 am

I jumped at the sound, almost dropping the can. I always had been a paranoid person, jumping at the smallest sounds or sights out of the corner of my eye.
Mario had ripped off one of the chair legs and John was picking up his baseball bat. I silently stood and placed my duffel bag on the table, drawing my katana with my other hand.
Steeping away from the table I peeked through the window behind the counter, straight into the kitchen. The back door was wide open and A single zombie was shuffling around the corner, drawn to the stove for some strange reason. I looked at the other two and put up a single finger, signalling them how many there were, then turned back to the window and slowly walked around the counter.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:52 am

I followed Sebastian, slowly creeping into the dim kitchen, the fragrance of grilled burgers still thick on the air. My Australian companion jumped around the corner, hacking the head from the body of a zombie, poking at the stove curiously. He must have smelled the cooked meat. His fingers and face were burned badly as if he had tried to bite the stove before he grabbed at it. I almost laughed before I heard a thunderous collection of groans from just outside the kitchen door.
"Sebastian!" I said quickly, slamming the door just as several rotting faces appeared around a shrub outside, "Grab one of those bombs of yours!" I turned and ran back to the table, grabbing my metal pole and stuffing the last of a burger into my mouth.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:09 am

"Crap!" I yelled retreating as Sebastian reached into his bag to find his bomb. "This is a bad idea..." The zombies shuffled in as he fumbled with the bomb. I could see rotten flesh falling off of their bodies. They were disgusting. Suddenley, pure hatred of them rushed through my body when I started to think of my family.

"Throw it already!" I screamed.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:03 pm

I looked up from the bomb and took in the scene before me, Zombies were shuffling in through the now open door, the other two were running away from them, towards the front of the diner.
I looked down at the bomb in my hands then turned to the oven, a crazy idea forming in my head. I dropped the bomb on the top and pulled the oven away from the wall, exposing the gas pipe behind it. I quickly sliced through the pipe and set the bomb, pulling the pin and bolting through the door after the others.
"GoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGo!"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:44 am

We sprinted out of the diner, zombies raging behind us. The whole place was going to explode! A huge explosion at that! We ran toward a nearby apartment building.

"Once that bomb goes off we are hiding in tha- -" Boom! Were were launched forward. Hitting the pavment my eyes blurred. I turned around on the road and looked at the diner. It was gone. All that was left was burned up wood and "dead" zombies.

"Get in the apartment; hurry!"
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 pm

I stopped in the lobby and puled out another one of my bombs, as well as a wooden contraption the size of my arm.
"As Soon As I Fire This Thing, Shut The Doors And Get Back!" I yelled as I loaded the bomb into a wooden and PVC piping tube, Two stretched bands of rubber disappearing into the tube with the bomb. Mario looked at the device in mounted on my shoulder and actually looked scared of me. "What The hell Is That Thing?" He yelled as he rushed over to the door.
"Combination Of A Potato Cannon And A Slingshot" I yelled back as I kneel'd down soldier like and aimed the contraption, reaching over and attaching the pin 0of the bomb to a metal hook screwed into the PVC.
"Fire In The Hole!" I yelled as I pulled the lever, arming and launching the bomb, it sailed out the open door, hitting a zombie in the head and knocking it down. The Air horn suddenly kicked in and caught the attention of all the zombies outside the apartments.
"Close the doors!" I yelled, rushing over to push the wooden door shut, the other two quickly doing the same on the other. The two door s met and closed, I quickly locking all the locks, just as the bomb went off outside. Dust fell from he wall and a window shattered, but the door held. I breathed a sigh of relief and turned to the others. "What Now?"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:28 am

"We get to the roof," I said, turning to the stairs.
"What? Why?" Sebastian asked, following me.
"It'll be the easiest place to defend, and there's a fire escape running all the way down the side of the building if we have to get off," I said, starting up the long staircase. The other two followed hot on my heels as we made our way to the roof.
After what seemed like ages of running, we made it to the top and burst out of a rusty door onto the hot blacktop of the roof. I ran to the edge and looked down, panting hard.
"Your air bomb has attracted a bit of attention," I said, turning back, my eyes widened with fear. The other two rushed to the edge and looked down. The entire street was packed with undead, all trying to push their way into the hotel.
I reached down and picked up a loose rock and tossed it down, smashing the head of one of the undead. None of the others took notice.
"Sebastian?" I asked, turning to him, "Got any more bombs?" I was terrified, and my voice shook badly enough to give it away, no matter how hard I tried to hide it.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:38 am

I stood on the roof watching for any passing zombies. "F***ing Hell, those zombies were fast I was lucky to make it out alive" I said as I realised it was safe to move about for now. I readied my pipe just in case zombies came. I stopped for a minute and looked around. I heard moaning and as I turned around there were at least 5 of them.

I ran as fast as I could knowing that they were to many. "F***! F***ing Hell!" I said as I ran. I saw a small diner across the road "I could hide they're until they leave" I said as i ran across the road into the diner.
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Silently, I threw any debris I could find on the roof or the top floor of the hotel down onto the heads of the undead below, still trying to break through the heavy wooden doors. A couch was tossed down the ten stories smashing into the horde below, scattering them and crushing at least half a dozen. Sebastian was trying to rig up another bomb from some cleaning supplies, but so far he was missing a few things and had to go deeper into the hotel. I was just about to haul a large TV from the roof when a crunching sound filled my ears and the crowd of undead rushed into the building.
"Sebastian!" I yelled, heaving the TV over the edge and dashing to the stairs, "Sebastian! They're inside!" I yelled into the dark staircase. No response. Cursing, I ran down the stairs, stopping at each floor to yell for him. At the third floor, I ran into the wave of undead and managed to batter them back and barricade the door to the stairs, I didn't think they'd know how to use an elevator. I prayed Sebastian was on one of the floors above me.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Before I knew it zombies flooded the diner. "S***!" I said using my pipe as defence. I killed the first flood before realising there were more zombies "Time to go" I said before dashing out of the diner. I saw an apartment. If theres zombies I can fend for myself. I opened my own personal door with my pipe, hitting all the zombies in my way.

I ran up the stairs, but tripped and twisted my ankle "F***! I'm screwed now!" I said as they got closer.
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next