Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taken [Closed]

+3
ivorymaid
Drag
Damxge
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Taken [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: Taken [Closed]

Post  Damxge Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 am

"I don't know," I said, coming around, "The hell happened to me?" I asked, sitting up, my head spinning.
"You passed out," Cassie said, helping me to my feet.
"From wha-" I started before seeing the frozen city again, "Oh,"
My survival insticts took over and I ran back to the stairs, descening quickly, I hit a few pockets of changed gravity, but got down to my makeshift rope in one piece.
Back at the top of the building, I looked over the side.
"We shouldn't be more than ten stories off the ground," I said, tossing the blanket rope off the side, it didn't quite make it to the ledge I'd hoped it would, about halfway to the frozen glacier that was new york. Scowling, I pulled my shirt off and doubled it over, tying to to the line, lengthening it a few feet.
"Creed," I said, holding out my hand. He frowned and took his own shirt off and handed it to me. I tied it on and figured there was a good seven foot drop between the rope and the ledge. It would be bad if someone fell off of the ledge though, after jumping from the rope.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  ivorymaid Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:31 pm

I started to back away. "No... Not again... I can't do it." Fear etched my face. "I-I... No..." I started to tremble with fear.
ivorymaid
ivorymaid
Live In
Live In

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:41 am

"Cassie, its the only way," I said, handing the rope to Creed.
"Not again," she repeated, stepping further away.
"Alright, Creed you go first," I said, motioning to the edge.
"What? No!" he replied, backing away a bit.
"I have to stay up here with Cassie," I said, gritting my teeth as I turned to Creed, "And I want to make sure she knows its safe," I whispered vehemently. He scowled and looked over the edge at the huge drop.
"You go first, I'll help Cassie," he said, handing the rope back to me.
"Alright," I said with a sigh. I walked over to the edge and looked back at Creed, "Hang on to this rope like my life depends on it," I said, smiling as reassuringly as I could.
With that, I stepped over the edge, repelling ranger style down the side of the building toward the foot wide ledge (about 1/3 a meter for anyone who doesn't know feet)
After what felt like ages, I made it to the end of the makeshift line and hung there, bumping against the tall building with each slight gust of wind. It had become cold too, the closer I got to the ice. Taking a deep breath, I let go and fell to the ledge, my feet caught and my arms windmilled without my intention. But I didn't fall off and I sat, clinging to the weather bleached brick wall. Kicking out, I smashed the window right next to me, the bars inside were rusty and broke easily with a single kick. Perching myself against the window, I looked up at the two faces staring down at me.
"Cassie!" I yelled, "Its safe! Come on down! I'll catch you!" I
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  ivorymaid Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:16 am

I was scared. Fear was wrapping around me.
I grabbed the rope and slowly began to slid down the rope. My trust in Croy was huge at this point. I kept my eyed clothes.
I finally made it to the bottom of the rope and jumped.
ivorymaid
ivorymaid
Live In
Live In

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:04 am

Cassie's left foot caught the edge, but her right leg dangled out over the massive drop. She looked straight at me, her eyes now open, she made not a noise as she slowly tumbled back.
Snarling, I dove forward, my ankles catching on the jagged bars of the window. I grabbed her around the waist as she fell and pulled back hard, hauling her into the window. She looked positively petrified.
"Not so hard eh?" I said with a nervous laugh as I sat her down against the wall.
"Come on creed! Tie it off somewhere and come down!"
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:02 am

I tied the rope to a bar sticking out of the roof and followed them down. My hands were sweating from panic. Suddenley, I slipped, my hands not gripping the rope anymore. I shot down so fast, I couldn't see what was happening.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu--"
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

https://extremerpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:32 am

reaching out, I grabbed the blur of a pantleg as it fell past the window, followed by a terrified yell. I felt my elbow come out of socket as my arm was jerked violently against the stone ledge, but I hung on, not daring to let Creed go.
"If there's a window down there! Break it and grab the bars!" I screamed, the pain straining my voice to a higher pitch.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  ivorymaid Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:19 pm

My eyes widended. I was on my feet in an instance but I had no clue what to do. I was a simple girl who should taking her final exams right now, not watching as someone could be falling to the their death.
I moved closer to them but was still unsure.
ivorymaid
ivorymaid
Live In
Live In

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:41 am

I was hanging upside down, Croy clinging to my pant leg. I was next to a window. I covered up my fists with my sleeves and threw them against the window. After three connecting hits it shattered.

"Okay, I can hold myself now, Croy." I said, swinging down into the window.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

https://extremerpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:49 am

I let go of him, my elbow snapping back into place as I stumbled back. A dark ring of a bruise spread out from around my elbow, the muscles clearly ripped, I could barely move it.
I flopped down, grasping at my torn limb. Cassie stood over me, looking panicked and stressed.
"Its gonna be fine," I said, sitting up, my teeth gritted in pain.
"Hey! It looks like the stairs aren't blocked down here!" I heard Creed yell from the window below. I grimaced as I stood, Cassie grabbing my arm to help me up.
"Back out the window I go," I said, throwing my leg over the windowsill.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:01 pm

I woke up and realised I was in a hotel of some kind. Suddenly my mind flooded with memories from last night, the SWAT team, my family's murder, the darkness consuming me. I was angry, not about what happened last night but the fact I woke up around 10-11am. I kicked the door down cursing.

"I'm so dumb, waking up before noon" I said as I walked around. Surely I wasn't the only one here. "There better be coffee or this place will not exists much longer and even if there isn't I have some but If there isn't coffee here and I run out this place gets blown up" I said trying to find a kitchen.

My jeans were ripped, my left jean leg ripped as if shorts and my right ripped at the knee. I still had my daggers at least.
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Slowly I woke, mny head spinning. I went to strecth went my hands ran into metal a few inched from my body. My eyes shot open, I was in a metal container, a glass plate before my face, covered in frost. Everything was cold, water collected in the bottom of the chamber and ice slowly thawing around me.
It took me a few seconds to grasp where I was. The ice and water, plus the fact that I didn't remember anything after stepping into my apartment pointed to a cryogenic chamber. But I thought they didn't exist like in the movies or the freezing process killed you.
"Someone! Let Me Out!" I yelled, my voice loud on my own ears, I banged hard on the metal in front of me, hoping for someone to hear me.
"Let Me Out!"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:18 am

I froze. I'd heard a muffled yell from somewhere below. I was hanging partway out of the window, Creed grasping my ankles as I tried to lower myself down to the next story with my good arm.
"Did you hear that?" I asked Creed, his eyes wide, it was obvious he had. I rushed the rest of the way into the window, almost losing my grip once. The man in the lab jacket had been our only friendly-ish encounter, and I was sure someone else was about.
"Creed," I said, turning to him, holding my bruising arm tenderly, "Help Cassie, I'm going to go look for whoever that voice belongs to," I turned and ran to the stairs, flinging myself down, the yelling grew louder the further down I went. At last, I reached a long corridor, the whole thing clad in clean white tile, even the ceiling. Light seemed to come from everywhere. It was a sharp contrast to the grungy stairs and rest of the floors I'd been on.
Slowly, I walked down the hall, the yelling obviously coming from inside of the wall. At last, I reached the end, the yelling its loudest. I reached out and gently touched the tile where I thought it was coming from. With a squeak of surprise, I leaped back, the tile sliding to the side with a rusty screech. On the other side, it looked like the room had once been the same as the hallway, thought now, it was torn to pieces. The entire back wall was gone, displaying a wall of ice, I must have been below the layer of ice covering new york. The panels were torn from the walls, snow and ice covering the floor. Several odd pod things lay about, small round windows in the fronts of them, one was cracked open, the frozen hand of a person protruding from the gap. Turing away, I looked around the dimly lit room.
"Hey! Hey!" I heard from the corner. Spinning, I stared at a single pod, laying window up, half buried in ice. There a person's face was smashed against the window, their eyes wide, staring at me.
Jumping over the other pods, I began beating on the front of it, hoping to god it would open. It didn't. I was just about to give up and go find Creed and Cassie, when I noticed a small number pad on the side of the pod. Reaching out, I pressed one of the buttons. With a pop and a hiss, the lid of the pod opened, one side of it still frozen in the ice. The person inside began beating on it, wedging it open further. I jumped to the other side and yanked up on the crack with my good arm. After what seemed like ages of effort, the lid cracked open and the person slid their way out.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:28 am

Fresh air steamed into the chamber, almost smothering with rusty chilling oxygen. A man stood over the chamber, looking as if I was the last thing he had expected.
"Who are you?" I asked, pulling myself from the pod. The room I was in was a disaster, pods laying broken and discarded, walls crumble and strewn across tge floor, everything covered in Ice.
"I'm Croy. Who are you?" I turned back to man, a million questions going through my head. I ignored them and focused on the question, Holding out my hand. "I'm Dartan Venterras"

Last edited by LordTomyh on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:41 am

"Right then mate," I said, helping him to his feet, though he seemed perfectly fine. I shivvered in the frozen air and stepped toward the door, my arm hanging limply at my side, "I've got a few friends up this way, we'd best rejoin 'em," I said, before stepping from the room, Darten close on my heels. We made our way back up the stairs, thankfully no more gravity shifts inhibited our progress. We came out on the floor I'd left Creed on to find him hugging Cassie, sitting against the wall.
"What happened!" I asked, running over to them.
"I almost dropped Cassie," Creed said, cringing at the words. Cassie's eyes were full of tears and she looked up at me.
"I want to go ho-" she started, but cut off as she saw Darten.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  ivorymaid Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 pm

I started at the this new man. I was terrified. I didn't want this. A few tears slid down over my cheeks. I still clung to Creed.
"Who...?" I started but trailed off as I couldn't hold the rest off the tears back. I broke down crying like a small child might.
ivorymaid
ivorymaid
Live In
Live In

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:25 pm

I could hear crying from somewhere. "Others?" I said walking around trying to find where the crying came from. "Hello, is any one there!" I yelled out still walking. I found the room where the crying was coming from and there were three men and a girl crying like a child. "At least theres others" I muttered catching their attention.
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 am

[Cross you spelt my name wrong. It's Dartan with two a's]

I stood at the doorway, too dumbfounded to move. The girl inside the room had taken one look at me and broken down into tears, not tears of joy for someone believed lost. But tears of sorrow and despair. I hadn't even stepped in the door or said a word.
"At least theres others" I head from behind me, turning to see a young girl, not much younger than me standing in the hallway, looking as if she had just woken up from a long sleep
"I had no idea what was going on, or where I was, so i turned to the man who had found me. What the hell is going on here?"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:35 am

[Sorry mate, I seem to have that problem, even with my own characters XD ]

"Let me guess how you got here," I said, straightening up, "Some bit squad of SWAT guys busted you over the head and you woke up here?" The new girl and the boy both nodded.
"Alrighty then, well, I guess I'd best tell you what's happened to us so far," I started, leaning against the filthy wall, "This building, its got these pockets where gravity changes, where you're just walking along and are thrown into a wall, which is the new floor. Or rooms that you step in and you fall to the ceiling," I glanced up the hall, "It sounds crazy, and it is; we're trying to get out of here," I looked at the others.
"Why are you going down? Why not up toward to roof to sign for help?" the boy asked, looking around.
"We were already there," I said gravely, "It looks like the second frikkin ice age in new york," I pushed myself off the wall and began pacing, "We're on our way down to try to find a window to climb out of, we're too high up to jump from here," I motioned at the smashed window, a frigid draft coming through it.
The two ran to the window, staring out into the deadened city.
"My god," Dartan whispered.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:08 pm

"Meh. I've had worse" I said nodding. Everyone looked at me in shock at my comment, "What? I have had worse days" i said not caring about their faces.
"The worse day I've had was today waking up early. I always wake up at noon but I woke up early because of all the commotion" I said with a slightly angered tone. "The worst bit was is I have no coffee and this place has none either" I added.

I would never be able to live without my coffee. "Oh to shock you, I'm 12 and addicted to coffee" I added awaiting their reactions.
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:48 pm

I turned to the girl, confused and annoyed "How can anything you've seen, done and experienced be worst then New York City trapped in Ice." I turned back to the window, taking in the sight of the ice bound city. "How many hundreds of people could of died in there. I mean I never did like New York, too noisy for me, but Still ... f***!"
The guy who found me was pacing, the other guy was comforting the crying girl. The other girl was walking other to the corner of the room. Starring out at the city I couldn't believe this was happening. What was happening?
Suddenly something the man had said caught in my mind, I turned to him confused "Did you say the gravity changes?"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:41 am

"Yes. Random shifts, in the hallways, in the rooms, its bloody confusing," I said, stopping to look at the boy.
"Can I see?" he asked, sounding a bit curious.
"Alright, lets see if we can find one on our way out," I said, walking toward the stairs.
"Creed, Cassie, stay here, me and Dartan are gonna go look for a way out," I said before walking down the stairs, Dartan on my heels. We went down five stories, before finding a hallway with a window, only half covered in the ice blanketing the city. Grinning, I started toward it, when I hit another pocket of gravity shift, sending me crashing to the ceiling. My neck crunching, I rolled to the side, staggering to my feet. Turning around, I looked at Dartan, who looked to me, to be standing on the ceiling.
"Happy?" I asked holding my hurt arm.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  ivorymaid Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 am

I cried into Creed's shoulder. He was trying to comfort me. I knew that I shouldn't be crying. A full-grown woman crying over something that to most might sound like an awesome advanture.
More tears ran down my face as insteed of being sad and stress, I grew angry with myself.
ivorymaid
ivorymaid
Live In
Live In

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:32 pm

[Woot. Page 6]
"A little, that was almost funny" I said looking up at him standing on the roof. I looked down the hallway, seemingly nothing out of place, then took a step backward and ran, rolling down the hallway. I felt the gravity shift and I fell towards the roof, hitting it still in a roll. I sat up, dizzy with a smile on my face "That was Cool" I said, my childish enthusiasm working into overdrive. I stood up and dusted myself off, "That was better then anything my brothers have ever showed me, and that's allot" Croy was shaking his head at me, massaging his neck, I was still grinning loudly and turned, taking a step down the hallway roof. I felt the gravity shift again and found myself falling back to the floor, landing hard on my face. I didn't hear a second thud so guess he was still on the roof
"Ow"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:54 pm

I thought about what the man said and I filled with sadness thinking of all the bad things that have happened to me in my life. New York was frozen in ice thousands of people were dead. I looked up and turned to glance at the crying woman in the corner.

"What's her problem?" I asked the man comforting her. He just shrugged and continuing to comfort her. "Meh" I said shrugging.
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next